Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

"Sense The Night" Casting Call!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

"Sense The Night" Casting Call! Empty "Sense The Night" Casting Call!

Post  Paeter August 10th 2010, 12:42 pm

Hi Everyone!

Grab those microphones and get ready for some fun!(Yes, I mean YOU!) This is an open casting call for the third episode of a 5-part audio drama miniseries titled "Of The Night", produced by The Spirit Blade Underground Alliance. (For group information, visit www.spiritblade.net/allianceinfo)

"Of The Night" could be described as "modern vampire noir". It's a blend of horror, mystery and crime drama. You can hear the first two episodes at: www.spiritblade.net/alliance

Please only audition for parts marked "RECURRING ROLE" if you are interested in recording for all remaining episodes.

Please record your audition at 128kbps or higher in mp3, or use wav file format.
    All auditions should be sent via Yousendit (www.yousendit.com) to:
    paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net
    ***Yousendit is a FREE online file transfer service. Please remember to make use of it. Do not send your file directly to
    the e-mail listed.***

Please use the following format when naming your audition files:
    YourName_CharacterName_SenseTheNightAUD.mp3
    Please submit a separate file for each character you audition for. You may send multiple files separately or in one compressed folder. In either case, PLEASE make use of yousendit.

If a role requires yelling or screaming, please take measures(lower recording levels, increase
    distance from microphone, etc.) to avoid distortion in your recordings. Your
    ability to do this will have an impact on whether or not you are cast for these kinds of roles.

Also, please listen to your recording before submission and re-record any lines that include microphone popping from P's and other consonants. (Buying or making a pop-filter is highly recommended.) This will significantly increase your chances of being cast!

***Auditions are due by Saturday, August 28th.***

Below are brief character descriptions and the lines to use in your audition.
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at: paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

Thanks and have fun!

-Paeter Frandsen

MRS OBSTEIN- Nice next door neighbor. 50’s-60’s. Motherly.
    You must pop over later on we're having a party. My home made guacamole is to die for.

Well come around in the morning then, I'll put some in a bowl for you and some chips. Promise me you'll come around, James.

GRAEME COOK (RECURRING ROLE)- Mid to late thirties, confident leader, full of charm and hidden violence. Seedy businessman and owner of a “classy” strip club in a big city.

(Giving an interview)
    Swans isn't just another strip club. As you can hear for yourselves, we are also a live music venue. I would like to think that all the thought we've put into it makes it THE strip club in the City. People may say we have gimmicks but I like to call them experience enhancers.

(Wary)
    If there’s something going on I want to know about it. Since Josh Brannigan's unfortunate demise I need to watch my back. If there's a new threat in the city, don’t keep me in the dark.

(Fearful, but coming out in anger)
    I should have been told about this! It was one thing when your night time hobbies served our common goals, but this situation has gotten way out of control!

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 1:54 am