Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman Empty Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman

Post  Paeter September 19th 2014, 7:23 pm

Saw two interesting videos today. A movie trailer and then a clip from an interview with the film's director. (Terry Gilliam)

This one: (FYI, no actual nudity that I noticed, but some brief, very sexualized presentations of women.)

Followed by:

Interesting...

What do you think? What do you predict the film will offer as "the meaning of you" and do you think it will attempt to provide a basis for that meaning, or just affirm it without basis?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman Empty Re: Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman

Post  DNArington September 21st 2014, 8:18 am

When I saw the trailer I thought that it might be going to a “there is no meaning at all, so have fun while you can” message. The Church of Batman is an interesting concept, mainly because of the things that he mentioned in the interview about people worshiping him now, so why not make a church.

The movie looks super weird though.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman Empty Re: Zero Theorem and The Church Of Batman

Post  ComiKate September 22nd 2014, 1:55 pm

Well, it's won the Venice film festival and was nominated for two more prizes.

On the other hand, it only got a 6.2/10 on imdb. That, plus the plot summary I read, doesn't make me wanna go watch it.
    Knowing Gilliam, the film will probably be very surreal and I don't expect whatever message he wants to convey about the 'meaning of you' to be very uplifting...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 3:03 am