Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

"My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29

Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

"My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29 Empty "My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29

Post  Nathan James Norman January 26th 2015, 8:18 pm

Happy New Year!
    There's a fun new episode of the Untold Podcast! It's really to fill your ears! And it's free.

Check out our first show of the year "My Kingdom For A Horse" by Ethan Russell Erway (Writing as Abigail Belmont)
    (Rated G - despite some "Pinocchio" language).

http://www.untoldpodcast.com/home/untold-podcast-29-my-kingdom-for-a-horse  bounce

"My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29 8331469

Discussion Questions:
    1. Why do authors write as characters?

2. Did the Queen overstep her bounds? Could she have handled the situation any differently?
    3. What do you think Duke Ironside's endgame was? (What was driving his decisions)?
    4. Handsfree Whopper-Holder: For? or Against?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

"My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29 Empty Re: "My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29

Post  mikel.withers January 27th 2015, 10:43 am

1: I assume that an author writes as a character to flesh out their work. By creating a deeper level of background, their story can come alive better. I think it can also give them leave to write in a style different than the main work, and allow them to add something that otherwise couldn't be easily added.
    2: No, the queen acted within her bounds, maintaining the dignity (such as it was) of the king and his kingdom. Of course she could have acted differently, but probably not with the same outcome.
    3: Duke Ironsides seemed to be slave to his own whims, embarrassing the king, running to their enemies, falling for the queen's plot... thoughts about the future looked to be very near-sighted.
    4: Against. A Whopper shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to eat, so there isn't a real need for a holder, besides: Whoppers tend to slide apart, so the "holder" is going to turn into a salad bowl pretty quickly.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

"My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29 Empty Re: "My Kingdom For A Horse" Episode 29

Post  Nathan James Norman February 20th 2015, 2:36 pm

mikel.withers wrote:
    4: Against. A Whopper shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to eat, so there isn't a real need for a holder, besides: Whoppers tend to slide apart, so the "holder" is going to turn into a salad bowl pretty quickly.

Nice analysis.
    Everything except the Whopper holder! I argue we have to eat them super-quick because we lack the holder to slow down and enjoy them!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 1:03 am