Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad

ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad Empty In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad

Post  ComiKate August 17th 2016, 12:42 pm

In his review of Suicide Squad (which I just saw this afternoon) Paeter mentioned that in order to come up with some spiritual themes connected to this movie, you would probably have to be looking for them (or be a christian?) in order to notice them, like self-sacrifice and repentance.

In addition to those, I'd like to share what immediately struck me as a visual representation in the movie of something spiritual. Namely the way Enchantress goes about doing her greatest magic working. I won't spoil what it is of course, for all of you who haven't seen the movie yet, but I can say this:
    the way she moves her entire body immediately sounded my "occult warning system" or however you might want to call such a form of discernment. For what I saw represented there, was a Kundalini ritual.

This is of course not unique for the entertainment industry, but what struck me here was that it was particularly blatantly done. Almost like a taunt...

Anyway, just an observation, and I'm very curious if I have any fellow discerner-geeks (geek discerners?) here :-)

Oh, and enjoyed the movie very much!
    And I agree with Adam Collings' review.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad Empty Re: In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad

Post  Paeter August 18th 2016, 8:52 am

I'm not familiar with that specific occult practice. Her body movements just seemed like really strong (exaggerated) performances choices. I felt like she was clearly going for something but I was out of the loop. So thanks for the info and observation! Thanks also for pointing youtube traffic here! Great idea!

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad Empty Re: In addition to Paeter's Review of Suicide Squad

Post  ComiKate August 18th 2016, 5:34 pm

Here's a short YT video with some explanation on kundalini (and its dangers for the church). There's a lot more information out there, but this is nicely succinct:

The movements of Enchantress in the movie strongly reminded me of the kriyas shown in the above video (and other videos), which is why I think it was intentional. Either by the actress, or else by the director and/or writers.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 19th 2016, 9:01 am

Thanks for posting that. Another reminder to me that prioritizing the authority of scripture is so important.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 7:13 am