Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace"

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace" Empty Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace"

Post  Paeter March 8th 2017, 9:43 am

Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the perspective-shaping value that can be found in contemplation of some of those dusty academic concepts like the "sovereignty" of God. But this morning I'm grateful for God's one-two combo of "Sovereign Grace".

Just found myself thinking back on high school and some of the lame decisions I made that I thought would be "a good witness" and that at best probably fell flat and at worst might have even turned people off. (Yes, the gospel is offensive to those rebelling, but I'm talking about my "packaging" of the gospel being a turn off.) It's so easy for me to kick myself over dumb things I did even decades ago. But the sovereign grace of God frees me in those moments.

Yeah, I was an idiot and that was a lame choice. But God is working even through my mess and he can make it serve something beautiful. He is ultimately governing all things ("sovereign") and in a way that gives blessing despite what my actions deserve ("grace"). Thank you Yahweh!
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace" Empty Re: Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace"

Post  mikel.withers March 8th 2017, 3:11 pm

Amen.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace" Empty Re: Practical Values Of "Sovereign Grace"

Post  AdamCollings March 8th 2017, 5:15 pm

That's a beautiful thing.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy March 11th 2017, 9:49 pm

Ha! Wow. I just posted in another thread how this is one of the things that has impacted my life the most "post-justification." I am so grateful for this, too. I'm glad God works through us, but at times in spite of us. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 4:21 am