Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women Empty Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

Post  AdamCollings October 15th 2017, 7:50 pm

Just listened to Paeter's review of Professor Marston and the Wonder Women. Then I found the following article, detailing Marston's granddaughter Christie's reaction to the film.
    http://dccomicsmovie.com/christie-marston-criticizes-professor-marston-and-the-wonder-women/

The short of it is that she claims the film is a complete work of fiction (Paeter suspected there was a lot of fiction at play), and that nobody in the Marston family was consulted in the writing of the script.

She points toward this article as the true story
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-heroes-and-villains/201710/the-true-story-wonder-womans-marston-m-nage-trois

Both are an interesting read.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women Empty Re: Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

Post  Paeter October 17th 2017, 9:30 am

Wow. Not a shocker, but it still struck me at how strongly it seemed to confirm my suspicions of an "agenda" by the writer. Christia Marston says in a tweet:

"The writer said that she didn't want to talk to us because she wanted to use her own 'interpretation'. And then sold it as 'the true story'!"

If that's true. Yikes.

Just goes to show that we might as well ignore the phrase "based on a true story" in films for all the weight it carries, until we really know how the writers did their research.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women Empty Re: Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

Post  Paeter October 17th 2017, 9:34 am

Thanks for those links, by the way! I wonder if the usual liberal media outlets (I'm thinking of geek culture sites like IGN) will point to this misrepresentation of truth. I have my doubts.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 5:04 am