Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Punisher Trailer

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Punisher Trailer Empty Punisher Trailer

Post  jorowi October 19th 2017, 3:00 pm

This looks like it's going to be ultra-violent, droogs.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Punisher Trailer Empty Re: Punisher Trailer

Post  Reed Benson October 20th 2017, 4:45 am

Would you expect anything less?

I don't know if I'm going to watch this. I never finished Luke Cage or watched Iron Fist; I filled myself in through YouTube recaps. And I've only watched the first episode of The Defenders so far. I guess the darker tone these series set has been wearing me down and I don't really want to live in it for 40+ minutes each time. Plus, I know the Punisher isn't going to repent and be redeemed (unless they feel like taking a HUGE risk with the fanbase).
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 20th 2017, 10:09 am

My in-laws have Netflix, so this Christmas I might consider binge-watching some while we're there, or at least trying out some of these Marvel shows. They definitely seem to be in the ballpark of tone that I like.

BTW, I had to look up "droog". According to google: a young man belonging to a street gang.

Yer so hip, John. Thanks for keeping me in touch with word from the cool kids table!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Post  jorowi October 20th 2017, 2:16 pm

Paeter wrote:BTW, I had to look up "droog". According to google: a young man belonging to a street gang.

It's used in A Clockwork Orange. I'm getting a mind-control gone bad vibe from The Punisher.

Twitter
    Instagram
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike October 21st 2017, 1:53 pm

Reed Benson wrote:I don't know if I'm going to watch this. I never finished Luke Cage or watched Iron Fist; I filled myself in through YouTube recaps. And I've only watched the first episode of The Defenders so far. I guess the darker tone these series set has been wearing me down and I don't really want to live in it for 40+ minutes each time.
    This. This pretty much sums up my reaction to the Netflix Marvel shows. In my case, I never made it past the first episode of Daredevil and never even tried to watch the others. I've been told that I should at least try Iron Fist and The Defenders, but I've got many-many other shows in my queue as well, so who knows when....

Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson October 21st 2017, 9:36 pm

mindspike wrote:
    Reed Benson wrote:I don't know if I'm going to watch this. I never finished Luke Cage or watched Iron Fist; I filled myself in through YouTube recaps. And I've only watched the first episode of The Defenders so far. I guess the darker tone these series set has been wearing me down and I don't really want to live in it for 40+ minutes each time.
    This. This pretty much sums up my reaction to the Netflix Marvel shows. In my case, I never made it past the first episode of Daredevil and never even tried to watch the others. I've been told that I should at least try Iron Fist and The Defenders, but I've got many-many other shows in my queue as well, so who knows when....

That's interesting. Most reviews seem to think that Iron Fist is the weakest of the series, and I heard someone say that the character ruined The Defenders. Maybe it has a slightly lighter tone than the rest? Again, I never watched anything more than a narrated highlight video.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Post  jorowi October 23rd 2017, 7:20 am

Reed Benson wrote:That's interesting. Most reviews seem to think that Iron Fist is the weakest of the series, and I heard someone say that the character ruined The Defenders. Maybe it has a slightly lighter tone than the rest? Again, I never watched anything more than a narrated highlight video.

It's the character. Danny Rand (Iron Fist) has temper-tantrums like a 3-year-old. About 3 episodes in it got a little ridiculous. At some point you expected him to grow up but it never happens.

Twitter
    Instagram

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 9:11 am