Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Should I rename my YT channel?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Should I rename my YT channel? Empty Should I rename my YT channel?

Post  Rickster December 1st 2017, 9:02 pm

I'm not sure if I mentioned on here but I had created a gaming channel (Rugged Gaming) so I could post rebroadcast of my Twitch streams. I'm currently planning on relaunching my YouTube and Twitch channel next month and thinking about doing more content with the gaming channel but not all of it would be gaming related (movie reviews skits etc) so I'm curious if I should change the name. What do you think?
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Should I rename my YT channel? Empty Re: Should I rename my YT channel?

Post  AdamCollings December 3rd 2017, 5:59 pm

Hmm. On the one hand, Rugged Warrior is a pretty cool name, and I like your intro with the fire.
    On the other hand, It's a name that would most appeal to those searching for excercise videos. Sounds like you're not going to be doing that kind of stuff.
    On the first hand "warrior" is a term that might connect with gamers, since many games involve combat.

There are two main ways to brand yourself online. One way, is through a subject. If your channel has a very specific focus (e.g. gaming only) then you can find a really targeted audience and go for them. The other way, is to brand it after you as a person. The second way is a harder sell, but can be the right way to go if your channel has multiple subjects, as yours will.

Do you have any ideas for alternative names? If so, I would be interesting to hear them.

On balance, right now, I think my suggestion would be to stay with Rugged Warrior, but it's kinda hard to say without knowing what the alternatives might be.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster December 3rd 2017, 6:33 pm

My main channel will still be Rugged Warrior (which was named after my first two mud runs Rugged Maniac and Warrior Dash) which is going to be more of a vlog type channel recording my starting this new chapter of my life.
    But my 2nd is called Rugged Gamer https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99-D_8h9ZpUhuZtoufgpUQ and that's what I've been thinking about having the name change.

Some ideas I've had were Rugged Geek, Rugged Entertainment (both of those I'm not thrilled with).
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 4th 2017, 10:04 am

Ditching "Gamer" seems like the right move based on your content plans. But I don't have any bright ideas for an alternative title.
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  fxruizx December 5th 2017, 3:15 pm

This is kinda a shot in the dark, but what about "Rugged Crits", crits being able to evoke both the gaming meaning of critical hits, and also a movie review meaning of critiques. Doesn't so much apply to skits though.

Looking forward to seeing your new stuff Very Happy
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster December 5th 2017, 9:44 pm

I just thought of Rugged Warrior: Gaming and More or Rugged Warrior: Gaming+
    What are your thoughts
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 6th 2017, 7:43 am

Rickster wrote:I just thought of Rugged Warrior: Gaming and More or Rugged Warrior: Gaming+
    What are your thoughts

I could see either being a good fit if gaming is still the lion's share of the content. I might personally lean toward "and more" over "+", as it's a little more clear. But "+" has a bit of a cool factor.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim December 10th 2017, 5:09 pm

I could probably use some more time to think of a cool suggestion but the first thing that popped into my head was RUGeek? It has remnants of the Rugged and the RG of Rugged Gaming, but it also kinda poses the question R U Geek? (maybe Are You Geek Enough?) Idk. Just a first shot. I'll think about it some more.

Does all the content have a similar thru-line?
    Does it all come from one certain perspective?
    Trying to find the link between all the types of content you want to put up may give some more ideas for names.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 7:26 pm