Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross)

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross) Empty Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross)

Post  Rickster January 16th 2018, 5:22 pm

So I recently got caught up on Kingdom Hearts Union X for the Cell Phone and the last story update had me thinking about Christians and out call to witness to others.

In the game there is going to be a huge war that's going to wipe out the entire world. In order make sure the world survives the Master of Masters tells one of apprentice to make a group of exceptional keyblade wielders called the Dandelions and send them away so they can be saved from this coming destruction. and recently in the game we've been learning who the 5 leaders of the Dandelions are going to be. One of which is a girl who likes your character but is too shy to say hi to you but once she realizes that you're not a member of the Dandelions and is at the moment destined for destruction she wants to leave immediately to find you to warn you but since its the middle of the night decides to wait until morning and then starts looking for you. What happens next is a spoiler so I'll stop there. but it got me thinking about how like the Dandelions we Christians have been saved from the coming destruction (Hell) and we should be warning those we care about that aren't saved

Last edited by Paeter on January 17th 2018, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re-purposing topic)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross) Empty Re: Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross)

Post  Paeter January 17th 2018, 9:09 am

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Speaking personally, I think it's so easy to think of Heaven and Hell as doctrinal concept rather than urgent realities. Something else that can make our work feel less urgent is the realization that we can't change hearts, as Nathan James Norman has reminded me a couple of times.

We are God's primary tool for presenting the truths of scripture to the world and commanded, urged to involve ourselves in that, and yet we are not responsible for the eternal destiny of anyone but ourselves.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross) Empty Re: Motives For Sharing Truth - Inspired By Kingdom Hearts Union X (cross)

Post  Paeter January 17th 2018, 9:13 am

Moved this topic because I thought it makes a nice entry to the topic of our motives for sharing biblical truth with others. Primarily with unbelievers or those who are only nominally Christian.

What motivates you to have those deep and/or difficult conversations or sharing moments?

What keeps you from sharing what you believe?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 8:50 am