Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Hard Bosses vs Cheatng Bosses

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Hard Bosses vs Cheatng Bosses Empty Hard Bosses vs Cheatng Bosses

Post  Rickster February 14th 2018, 1:14 am

So as I've mentioned before I'm attempting to get all the trophies on the Kingdom hearts Series before the Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out later this year. And right now I'm fighting the Linger Will a bonus boss from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. the bonus bosses in the Kingdom Hearts series are hard but this boss is flat out cheater.

So I was curious what are some experiences with bosses who cheat
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Hard Bosses vs Cheatng Bosses Empty Re: Hard Bosses vs Cheatng Bosses

Post  Paeter February 14th 2018, 10:24 am

This might not qualify, but I consider any boss (or game content for that matter) that strips away your earned abilities/equipment to be "cheating".

If I earn abilities/equipment through XP grinding or other game systems I want to keep them for the rest of the game. It feels like the game cheats when it takes those things away to create a challenge. In my mind, I spent time earning those things so I wouldn't HAVE a challenge later on!
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson February 14th 2018, 7:52 pm

Y'all don't likely play pro wrestling games, but some of the wrestlers can seemingly cheat during story mode or on harder difficulties. Usually in these games, your wrestler won't have a traditional life bar (as in most fighting games), but more of a spirit bar. The more attacks you land, the stronger the bar gets until you achieve your "special" and can apply your finishing move. In one game series, you also tend to be nearly invincible for a short time. It's the same for your opponent, as well, and sometimes, they seem to get a stronger bar much faster than you can. Or they just reverse nearly everything you try, and the computer won't allow you to counter any attacks against you.

I specifically remember having this problem with a wrestler in the story mode on WWF No Mercy. I was so mad that I threatened the character on screen with finding a way to more or less delete him from the game.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter February 15th 2018, 10:02 am

Reed Benson wrote:Y'all don't likely play pro wrestling games, but some of the wrestlers can seemingly cheat during story mode or on harder difficulties.

I guess there's no "behind the scenes" mode where you can talk with the performer and say "Bro, that's not how we practiced this. You're supposed to go down in round three after I jump off the ropes."
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson February 15th 2018, 8:03 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Reed Benson wrote:Y'all don't likely play pro wrestling games, but some of the wrestlers can seemingly cheat during story mode or on harder difficulties.

I guess there's no "behind the scenes" mode where you can talk with the performer and say "Bro, that's not how we practiced this. You're supposed to go down in round three after I jump off the ropes."

No, not usually. The only wrestling games I know of that actually go into the business side of things are text-based games like EWR and TEW. You manage a company, put matches together, and try to keep the wrestlers and fans happy. Sort of like the General manager modes in Madden and stuff.

There was one WWE console game where part of the story mode tried to mix the reality of a well-known double cross with the fictional story of the characters in the match. Long story.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster February 16th 2018, 1:00 am

Paeter wrote:This might not qualify, but I consider any boss (or game content for that matter) that strips away your earned abilities/equipment to be "cheating".

the Lingering Will (the boss that inspired the post) has an ability that locks either your Magic or attack commands and you have attack him a few times before it unlocks again. But there is only a small window where he's open for you to attack. He also has this bow and arrow attack that locks all your commands until you hit the escape command (that is constantly moving) hit the wrong one you lose health and if I see him getting ready to use that attack i try to get away from him only to have him teleport to me and hit me with his arrow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 6:48 pm