Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Geeky Thanksgiving Plans?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Geeky Thanksgiving Plans? Empty Geeky Thanksgiving Plans?

Post  Paeter November 9th 2018, 11:26 am

If you're in the US, you know you're already thinking about it... Thanksgiving!

Food, time off (hopefully), family... but what about any geek stuff?

Not that it should take priority over any of those other things. But are there any geeky traditions or unique plans for this year you're already anticipating?

As some of you know, I put on The Dark Crystal every year while cooking and baking Thanksgiving morning. This year I'm also hoping to do some dungeon delving with my boys in Hero Quest.

How about you guys?

And for those overseas, what's your next national holiday that you get a break for? Any plans for that yet?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Geeky Thanksgiving Plans? Empty Re: Geeky Thanksgiving Plans?

Post  Rickster November 9th 2018, 1:28 pm

Shadow of the Tomb Raider has a trophy for shooting a Turkey with a flare gun and its called Thanksgiving. So i want to get that trophy on that day.

Not exactly geeky and Not on Thanksgiving but still part of Thanksgiving Weekend

My dad is a big Civil War geek and the Saturday after Thanksgiving is his birthday so my sister and I are taking Civil War Museum I found recently
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 11th 2018, 5:14 pm

Paeter wrote:As some of you know, I put on The Dark Crystal every year while cooking and baking Thanksgiving morning. This year I'm also hoping to do some dungeon delving with my boys in Hero Quest.

Is there a particular connection between The Dark Crystal and Thanksgiving?
    did you know that they're working on a new Netflix Original Dark Crystal prequel? It's all gonna be done with puppets, in the spirit of the original, so right up your alley. Not sure when it's coming out but it might be worth facing your Netflix issues for a brief time.

Paeter wrote:And for those overseas, what's your next national holiday that you get a break for? Any plans for that yet?
    We just had a long weekend last week, so I had Monday off. Not for any reason. They just call it "Recreation day." Any excuse for a day off down here!
    My next day off will be Christmas. Our office shuts down for a couple of weeks over Christmas, and I'll likely take some extra time off through January.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed November 12th 2018, 4:45 am

I get to work on Thanksgiving this year. I'll probably show my students short videos about pilgrims, Native Americans, and turkeys. And we'll see they remember the "What Are Your Thankful For" song I taught last year.

We get a few days off for Christmas (because we're American) and a couple days for New Year's (I think that goes for Chinese, too). After that, Chinese New Year is the next national holiday, the one everyone gets the most time off for.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 12th 2018, 10:56 am

AdamCollings wrote:

Is there a particular connection between The Dark Crystal and Thanksgiving?
    did you know that they're working on a new Netflix Original Dark Crystal prequel?  It's all gonna be done with puppets, in the spirit of the original, so right up your alley. Not sure when it's coming out but it might be worth facing your Netflix issues for a brief time.

I saw Dark Crystal for the first time on TV on a Thanksgiving weekend when I was very young. So the association has always stayed.

You're the second person to mention the Netflix thing, so I will definitely have to check it out!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 12th 2018, 10:57 am

AGoodReed wrote: And we'll see they remember the "What Are Your Thankful For" song I taught last year.

Oh man, wish I could hear that! Is this a song you made up?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 1:28 pm