Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

once upon a deadpool

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

once upon a deadpool Empty once upon a deadpool

Post  Rickster November 19th 2018, 4:19 pm

A PG-13 edit of Deadpool 2 is coming to theaters this December including new scenes added

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

once upon a deadpool Empty Re: once upon a deadpool

Post  Paeter November 26th 2018, 10:37 am

Yeah, I've got this penciled in to try and do a review. Can't promise, but I think a studio move like this is worth talking about, so I'm going to try.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed November 26th 2018, 8:38 pm

That's very interesting, and the trailer made me laugh. I never saw the rated R version. I did see the first one and thought it would've been a lot more fun without all the rated R stuff in it, so maybe I'll be into this.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 27th 2018, 10:13 am

AGoodReed wrote:That's very interesting, and the trailer made me laugh. I never saw the rated R version. I did see the first one and thought it would've been a lot more fun without all the rated R stuff in it, so maybe I'll be into this.

From what I understand, this IS the first movie in PG-13, rather than deadpool 2 as a PG-13 movie.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed November 27th 2018, 6:06 pm

Paeter wrote:
    AGoodReed wrote:That's very interesting, and the trailer made me laugh. I never saw the rated R version. I did see the first one and thought it would've been a lot more fun without all the rated R stuff in it, so maybe I'll be into this.

From what I understand, this IS the first movie in PG-13, rather than deadpool 2 as a PG-13 movie.

According to a Google search, Once Upon a Deadpool is a PG-13 edit of Deadpool 2 with a new framing device added in (probably that gimmick with Fred Savage).

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/5/18065644/deadpool-2-once-upon-pg-13-christmas-film
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/558735/pg-13-version-deadpool-2-coming-theaters-ryan-reynolds
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-pg-13-title-release-date/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 28th 2018, 9:10 am

AGoodReed wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

According to a Google search, Once Upon a Deadpool is a PG-13 edit of Deadpool 2 with a new framing device added in (probably that gimmick with Fred Savage).

Thanks for the correction!

That's REALLY interesting. Who is this for? Folks who avoid R movies probably didn't see the first one. Though I suppose Deadpool isn't big on logic and context.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1082
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi November 28th 2018, 1:49 pm

Money grab.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 29th 2018, 8:58 am

jorowi wrote:Money grab.

Oh, for sure. But who are they hoping to grab money from, aside from those who saw the original?
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1082
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi November 29th 2018, 9:24 am

Paeter wrote:Oh, for sure. But who are they hoping to grab money from, aside from those who saw the original?

All the tweens and teens whose parents wouldn't let them go to an R-rated movie. Deadpool is one of the most popular Marvel characters right now. My boys are obsessed with him and we don't have a single comic nor have they seen any of the movies. I didn't even let them watch the trailers. Somehow, Deadpool has wormed his way into the zeitgeist of young boys.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 30th 2018, 10:31 am

jorowi wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Oh, for sure. But who are they hoping to grab money from, aside from those who saw the original?

All the tweens and teens whose parents wouldn't let them go to an R-rated movie. Deadpool is one of the most popular Marvel characters right now. My boys are obsessed with him and we don't have a single comic nor have they seen any of the movies. I didn't even let them watch the trailers. Somehow, Deadpool has wormed his way into the zeitgeist of young boys.

Interesting. So the buzz overrules the desire to see the origin story first? I guess I can see that happening. Just wouldn't want to do that myself.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster December 8th 2018, 3:26 am

Paeter did you doa review of Daedpool 2? i dont remember seeing it if you did

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 8:34 am