Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To? Empty What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To?

Post  Paeter January 9th 2019, 10:34 am

Movies, show, books, comics, tabletop or video games. Whatever!

What's coming this year that you are looking forward to experiencing?

In movies I'm looking forward to Avengers: Endgame (yes, you read that correctly!), Glass, and Reign Of The Supermen.

In video games I'm looking forward to Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night, Far Cry: New Dawn, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Wolfenstein: Young Blood and

TWO WORLDS 3????

Just discovered this on Game Informer's listings for 2019! Didn't even know this was in development! Apparently they've been silent for awhile since announcing a 2019 release for the game back in 2016. But if their timetable is still accurate, this will be perfect for the giveaway I'm planning! (I have an extra copy of the first game and Barbells & Joysticks sent me his extra copy of the second. So stay tuned! Once the release date gets announced for "3" I imagine I'll put the giveaway on the books!)

I'm also REALLY ready for this because it's another open world fantasy RPG. And one where I can likely be a magic user. The Assassin's Creed games have been fun, but I can't hurl lightning bolts or craft potions in them. With Bethesda sadly busying themselves with games I have no interest in, the next Elder Scrolls game won't be coming for quite awhile. And while Outer Worlds & Starfield are open world RPGs on the horizon, they aren't fantasy. So if Two Worlds 3 hits its 2019 target and does a good job, they will possibly land on the perfect market conditions for their game. At least for ME!

The original game is possibly my favorite "diamond in the rough" game experience. If you're curious, I recorded and edited down a playthrough of the game that starts here:

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To? Empty Re: What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To?

Post  Rickster January 9th 2019, 1:22 pm

Kinda of cheating here since some of these since they're mostly rumors or no official date yet
    I'm also going to list things i'm hoping gets announced
    N64 Classic but so many rumors about it that i feel like its just when not if it'll get announced
    Glass looks interesting i havent seen unbreakable or Split yet and want to see those two before i see the new one
    Detective Pikachu trailer got me interested and i've never been into pokemon
    Only a few games i'm looking forward to at the moment one being the Crash Team Racing remake
    Metroid Prime Trilogy for the switch with a metroid prime 4 in the works please Nintendo announce this

Hearing good thing about Spider-man into the Spiderverse so hopefully i can see that soon before it leaves theaters
    Earning my 100th platinum i'm currently at 82 so almost there
    Aladdin and Lion King remakes those were some of my favorite disney movies as kid and curious they'll do in live action
    Really looking forward to Episode IX and seeing how that story will end
    Trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone I tried cosplaying last year this year who knows
    Spider-man far from home Avengers endgame and Captain Marvel

3 weeks somethings happening in 3 weeks
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To? Empty Re: What Geeky Thing In 2019 Are You Looking Forward To?

Post  AdamCollings January 10th 2019, 3:43 am

TV / Streaming:
    • Star Trek Discovery Season 2. Next week. I'm greatly looking forward to this. A long-term space exploration mystery to solve, and further development of Christopher Pike's character. I'm feeling positive and enthusiastic.
    • Un-named Captain Picard show. Really not sure what this will be like, but I'm pretty excited for it. It will be fun to delve back into the post-Nemesis future of the prime timeline and see the ramifications at the destruction of Romulas (as seen in Star Trek (2009))
    • I live in hope that season 3 of The Expanse might eventually make it to Netflix this year.

Movies
    • Avengers: Endgame
    • Forget the name, but that movie that looks a lot like Superman's arrival on earth, but told as a horror story.
    • Star Wars Episode 8. I'm not jumping up and down, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap up the climax of this new trilogy.

No other movies are really on my watchlist. Are any DC movies coming out? My interested has gonna fizzed out since Justice League.

Video Games
    Not applicable.
    I'm waiting for the inevitable announcement of the PS5. I suspect more and more services such as Netflix and youTube are gonna begin to drop support for PS3 this year, and it's way too late in the game to buy a PS4. So I'll wait for the 5.

Conferences
    • Steve Laube, the manager and former owner of Enclave Publishing, is going to be the Keynote speaker at Omega Writers Conference in Sydney this year. I'm pretty excited about that because this may be the closest I'll ever get to attending a Realm Makers!

Books
    I dunno. I'm really not looking ahead right now. I have sooooooooo many awesome books that need to be read. (The hazard of doing a monthly book release video LOL)
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster January 10th 2019, 12:16 pm

AdamCollings wrote:

Are any DC movies coming out? My interested has gonna fizzed out since Justice League.

Shazam comes out in i think April and I believe that is part of the DCEU
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed January 11th 2019, 4:25 am

AdamCollings wrote:Forget the name, but that movie that looks a lot like Superman's arrival on earth, but told as a horror story.

Brightburn. I'm looking forward to that, but I doubt it'll have a theatrical release here.

I'm hankering for Episode IX, Avengers: Endgame, The New Mutants, and SHAZAM. At least three of those should be released here, and I'll probably make time for two of them. I think I can wait for SHAZAM and The New Mutants to hit streaming.

I'm also looking forward to Epic Rap Battles of History's next season. That's geeky, right?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter January 11th 2019, 11:03 am

AGoodReed wrote:

Brightburn. I'm looking forward to that, but I doubt it'll have a theatrical release here.

Oh yeah! Forgot about this one! REALLY looking forward to seeing what they do there!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 8:54 pm