Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Paeter
Rickster
6 posters

Ghostbusters 3 trailer

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Ghostbusters 3 trailer Empty Ghostbusters 3 trailer

Post  Rickster January 16th 2019, 12:43 pm

here is the first trailer to the recently announced Ghostbusters 3. This is legit and not fanmade

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Ghostbusters 3 trailer Empty Re: Ghostbusters 3 trailer

Post  Paeter January 16th 2019, 4:32 pm

Sweet!

I'm doubting it will happen, but I would love for them to somehow recognize the continuity of the Melissa McArthy movie, either with a nod or a merging of casts in this movie or a potential Ghostbusters 4. "Answer The Call" wasn't always what I wanted, but it has a lot there I'd love to be salvaged.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed January 16th 2019, 10:58 pm

So soon after the all-girl one. Perhaps this is an answer to the dissatisfaction with that one. I wonder if it will be a legacy story like Men in Black International or an old-guys-coming-out-of-retirement story like Rocky Balboa. Harold Ramis passed, so Egon probably won't be around unless they pull a Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One (which would surprise me) or recast him (which would also surprise me).

Might they possibly coax Rick Moranis out of retirement? I doubt it, but I can hope.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings January 16th 2019, 11:00 pm

It's not very often that a remake is abandoned and the original is revived. I think the only other example I can think of right now is Karate Kid / Cobra Kai.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed January 16th 2019, 11:13 pm

AdamCollings wrote:It's not very often that a remake is abandoned and the original is revived. I think the only other example I can think of right now is Karate Kid / Cobra Kai.

Halloween, sort of. Rob Zombie did a remake, and then the studio got him to do a sequel, but just last year, they brought back Jamie Lee Curtis and John Carpenter to make a sequel to the original.

The difference is that the second Rob Zombie film ended more or less definitively (and he didn't really want to do more than the first film anyway), so that reboot was already over when the revisited the original.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster January 17th 2019, 1:06 am

AGoodReed wrote: Harold Ramis passed, so Egon probably won't be around unless they pull a Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One (which would surprise me) or recast him (which would also surprise me).

Maybe they could have it where they use some old footage and show him as a ghost at the end

AGoodReed wrote:

Might they possibly coax Rick Moranis out of retirement? I doubt it, but I can hope.

would be nice but the reason he retired was respectable
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed January 17th 2019, 3:49 am

rickster wrote:
    AGoodReed wrote:

would be nice but the reason he retired was respectable

I agree. But some show did get him to return as the voice of Dark Helmet not long ago.

Last edited by AGoodReed on January 19th 2019, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve January 19th 2019, 8:29 am

Can't help thinking it's kinda sad that the reboot tanked so badly that this is a thing, but I'm definitely there on opening night (and regretting having to sell the EctoMini even more...)

Having said that, I'm not a fan of Ghostbusters 2, so it could equally leave me underwhelmed. Curious to see whether they work in any of the reboot though.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington January 29th 2019, 12:13 pm

I don't have any nostalgia for this franchise, but I enjoyed the original and didn't like the remake, so I'm fine with this direction for the franchise. I never saw Ghostbusters 2, so I'll have to watch that before this comes out.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed January 29th 2019, 6:25 pm

DNArington wrote:I don't have any nostalgia for this franchise, but I enjoyed the original and didn't like the remake, so I'm fine with this direction for the franchise. I never saw Ghostbusters 2, so I'll have to watch that before this comes out.

It's David Arington! bounce

I haven't seen Ghostbuster 2 in a long time, but I remember it being hard for me to watch as a kid because of the bad guy's face...

Ghostbusters 3 trailer Tumblr10

Also, I dreamt about the ghost train.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter January 30th 2019, 10:52 am

AGoodReed wrote:

I haven't seen Ghostbuster 2 in a long time, but I remember it being hard for me to watch as a kid because of the bad guy's face...

Ghostbusters 3 trailer Tumblr10

Yeah, I will give the movie that much for sure. He was less creepy (a little silly to me, actually) when he came to life, but that painting had a real disturbing quality about it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 5:32 am