The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Need some help with a story I'm writing...

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 342
    Geek-Cred : 1

Need some help with a story I'm writing... Empty Need some help with a story I'm writing...

Post  AGoodReed on January 23rd 2019, 10:53 pm

I need some help brainstorming something for a short story I'm writing.

Okay, so imagine there's a very shy girl in an American (or English, or Australian) high school. She and her mother moved to town from Canada. Her father is out of the picture, but no one knows why, and she never talks to anyone about it. She dresses plainly, never wearing anything fashionable or eye-catching. She doesn't participate in after-school activities and seems to have no friends. She keeps up with her classes and gets fine grades, but she fears getting involved with anything social.

Now, what sorts of rumors would start about a girl like that among her fellow students, do you think?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7178
    Geek-Cred : 57

Need some help with a story I'm writing... Empty Re: Need some help with a story I'm writing...

Post  Paeter on January 24th 2019, 10:14 am

I'm thinking something would start up about her imagined involvement with some religion or other cultural group. (She's a quaker, she's been home schooled and forced to stay indoors before this year, etc.)

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is December 13th 2019, 6:47 pm