Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers Empty My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers

Post  Paeter March 20th 2019, 10:28 am

My wife asked for a wish list from me since my birthday is coming up in April. I tend to be a more choosy spender these days then I was a handful of years ago. As a result, I generally have "fun money" on hand or saved up for the things I genuinely think are worth spending my money on. So wish lists have been getting harder to make. "What do you get for the man who has everything?"

So I put this at the top of my list: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008WUSVCO/?coliid=I19RX80KRCQDR&colid=JXK0MEBVVABX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Had one before and it broke down. But this time I'd be determined to DIY it back to life, as they don't make these any more.

I grew up having these things in my bedroom when I was sick, and so developed an association of peace and recovery with the sound that they make. And I'm not alone. See if this triggers anything for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvC_Emyxu0U&t=18s

So what sounds great to an insecure, striving entrepeneur, processing all the weighty thoughts of entering his 40's? A little peace and recovery!

(Granted, I'm also pursuing some new spiritual disciplines to address these issues. So to be clear, I'm not advocating this kind of "band-aid on a cannonball wound" solution. But I think it will be a nice supplement!)

Specifically, as I've been getting back into reading my old comics, I REALLY like the idea of unwinding at the end of the night in our quiet bedroom with a stack of comics and this humidifier running beside me.

Ahhhh... nice...

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers Empty Re: My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers

Post  jorowi April 1st 2019, 9:44 am

I think we have 3 humidifiers in our basement.

Do you setup a tent to increase the humidity?

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers Empty Re: My Love Of Old-School Impeller Humidifiers

Post  Paeter April 1st 2019, 10:20 am

jorowi wrote:I think we have 3 humidifiers in our basement.

Do you setup a tent to increase the humidity?

No nothing like that. I just like the sound and the feel of the mist when I get close to it. It's not about trying to make any space in our home more humid. (In Arizona, I consider lack of humidity one of the perks!)

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 12:43 pm