Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

"Zack Snyder v Justice League and My Conflicted Reactions" (E. Stephen Burnett)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

"Zack Snyder v Justice League and My Conflicted Reactions" (E. Stephen Burnett) Empty "Zack Snyder v Justice League and My Conflicted Reactions" (E. Stephen Burnett)

Post  AGoodReed March 26th 2019, 8:58 pm

Just read this article referencing Zack Snyder's original idea for Justice League. Apparently, he wanted to make it a two- or three-parter based around what we saw in Batman's nightmare in BvS. Would've involved Superman being the bad guy for a lot of it (before ultimately being redeemed). The studio said, "You're crazy," and Snyder changed it to a one-film story that never got completed after Snyder had to leave production.

http://estephenburnett.lorehaven.com/zack-snyder-v-justice-league-and-my-conflicted-reactions/

I know I'm kind of beating a dead horse by still talking about this, but I'm still interested in at least knowing the rest of the story that Snyder wanted to tell after BvS (even if I never get to see it on film).
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

"Zack Snyder v Justice League and My Conflicted Reactions" (E. Stephen Burnett) Empty Re: "Zack Snyder v Justice League and My Conflicted Reactions" (E. Stephen Burnett)

Post  Paeter March 27th 2019, 10:44 am

Interesting! I still would have preferred Snyder's plan as described in all it's dark glory. But I recognize that would have been hard for many viewers, possibly even the majority of them. And I agree with Stephen that we've seen "Superman Goes Bad" done already.

I guess, at the end of the day, I've been around long enough to see so MANY stories and tones given to these characters that I don't need to see "the definitive version" of them onscreen. My vote is: Just tell me the kind of story I'll enjoy with any version of the character that takes at least mild inspiration from the various interpretations used in the past.

Thanks for posting this, Reed!

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 9:46 am