The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Souls in the Multiverse?

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 227
    Geek-Cred : 1

Souls in the Multiverse? Empty Souls in the Multiverse?

Post  AGoodReed on April 5th 2019, 2:20 am

I just saw Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse last weekend, and it was fantastic. I'm also finally reading Crisis on Infinite Earths for the first time. All this multiverse stuff got me thinking...how would souls work in a multiverse like what DC and Marvel use?

I mean, assuming there's one God over everything (as opposed to a different god for each universe), and one heaven, what becomes of parallel souls if they both go to the same place after death? If the Jonathan Kents of Earth-1 and Earth-7 both die and go to heaven, do their souls merge, or are there two of them walking around?

I wonder how the writers at DC and Marvel would answer.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6989
    Geek-Cred : 57

Souls in the Multiverse? Empty Re: Souls in the Multiverse?

Post  Paeter on April 5th 2019, 10:16 am

Well, let me get out of the way that I think the multiverse hypothesis has no weight. It's an idea generated by scientists who are trying to avoid the implication of a Creator indicated by the fine-tuning of the universe, and it can't even be tested by the scientific method.

BUT...

It's a fun sci-fi concept, so I'll run with it for that!

Personally, I would assume that each copy of Pa Kent would have their own soul, much like identical twins do, even though they are split from the same original material.

But I also kind of like to think of John Crichton as having one shared soul, even though he was split forever in two in Farscape. But that's mostly because I don't see how a physical scientist could split an immaterial soul.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1027
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  AdamCollings on April 7th 2019, 6:52 pm

Perhaps God himself could be singular and sovereign over all the universes, but there would be a separate heaven for one. The same God being omnipresent across them.

Travis Perry speculated a little on how the multiverse theory might apply to Chirstianity and the Bible (in the form of a story idea).
    http://travissbigidea.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-quantum-mechanics-god-of-alternate.html

mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 896
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike on April 13th 2019, 9:20 am

Revelation 7:9 wrote:After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb.

Mark 12:29 wrote:"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one."

If: all the multiverse is simply iterations upon a single quantum origin...
    And: quantum theory states that upon the instance of deviation, two particles are created which are alike but not identical...
    Because: Yahweh created the laws of physics, including quantum physics...
    Because: Yahweh claims to be singular at the quantum level...
    Then: human souls can duplicate across an infinite number of heavens and earths which are ruled over by a single Divine Creator who exists simultaneously and uniquely across every quantum deviation of creation.

cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 16th 2019, 1:57 pm