mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 867
    Geek-Cred : 39

Star Wars: Episode IX Teaser Empty Re: Star Wars: Episode IX Teaser

Post  mindspike on April 14th 2019, 7:57 am

bounce bounce bounce

* Mark Hamill voiceover!

* That appears to be Anakin's lightsaber repaired instead of an original Rey lightsaber.

* Mountains in the background look like Tatooine instead of Jakku. Not enough destruction to be Jeddha?

* Clearly a First Order TIE Interceptor, but it is not firing at Rey. A training exercise with Poe at the stick? Nightmare?

* Kylo in combat - no helmet. His opponent has his face covered, probably a stunt extra.

* Someone reforges the Knight of Ren helmet. Very Happy

* The hands that reforge the helmet are really hairy, but not Wookie. In service to Kylo? Or in service to someone else?

* Poe and Finn on battle damaged (?) outcropping. Still hoping for Jeddha. Finn is holding what looks like Rey's staff.

* BB-8 with what looks like a new "cute" droid. They have gone to meet someone, and the droid is their companion?

* Chewie and Lando! Lightspeed! They are both excited. Charging toward the movie's climax?

* High speed chase through what looks like a vaporator farm. Back on Tatooine? Still hoping for Jeddha.

* C-3PO hanging on to the speeding transport. His left arm appears to have greater articulation than in the past. Stunt convenience or perspective illusion?

* Someone admires what looks like an Alliance medal. Leia mourning Han and Luke? Soft hands with no dirt makeup and thin skin. My vote is Leia.

* Leia and Rey embrace in a moment of comfort or reunion. This is not previously shot footage. Must be a stand-in.

* Rey is in "Jakku rags" during the embrace, complete with arm wraps. A Force vision?

* Rey is crying just as Hamill says "We will always be with you." I'm leaning towards Force vision and hoping Rey is revealed to be Leia's daughter - hidden from Snoke many years ago. (BTW - that never works out, does it?)

* Our heroes are finally all in the same shot! Only took three movies!

* The "cute" droid is back. It could be a perimeter scout. This looks like farm country. This could be their arrival at the Quest location.

* Poe is dressed in Indiana Jones cosplay. Finn is dressed in Han Solo cosplay. Laughing

* The Death Star! The freaking Death Star! Has to be Yavin or Endor. Is this the Quest location? Or journey to the Showdown?

* Evil laughter. Just after Hamill says "No one's ever really gone." Definitely the Emperor. Definitely.

* It's over?! Not cool!

Star Wars: Episode IX Teaser OFlogo1-avatarOpposing Forces powered by Fate!
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Post  mindspike on April 14th 2019, 11:00 am

Hmm. Popular opinion seems to be that the footage of Leia and Rey embracing is unused footage from the end of TFA. The outfits do seem to match. Also, JJ Abrams has been on record saying that they refused to digitally replace Carrie Fisher, and they "wrote around" existing footage she had filmed for the other two movies.

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 770
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on April 15th 2019, 9:44 am

R2-D2 is nowhere to be seen.

Twitter
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6888
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on April 15th 2019, 1:56 pm

Abrams has also said that this movie is intended to not just wrap up this trilogy, but a 9 movie saga.
    I'm onboard for a wrap-up so we can truly start fresh with a new cast and possibly radically different time period. But can this movie really serve as a wrap up for 8+ movies without being a cluttered mess?
    Any thoughts?

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on April 15th 2019, 1:59 pm

Also, place your bets! I'd like to suggest that, in addition to seeing Force-Ghost Luke:

In a bold, potentially controversial move that could even retroactively redeem a disliked performance...

...we will see Force Ghost Anakin played by Hayden Christensen in a way that audiences will actually find cool.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 982
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  AdamCollings on April 15th 2019, 6:29 pm

I'm up for seeing Force Ghost Anakin show up and help to redeem Kylo. Vadar was the inspiration for Kylo to go dark so maybe Anakin can get through to him. I still think it could happen. With the death of Snoke, and with Kylo almost siding with Rey last time around, we were left with no villain for episode 9. so I wasn't surprised when Kylo doubled down on the dark side. But with the suggestion we may be seeing Palpatine again in some form, maybe, just maybe, there is still hope for Kylo. After all, do we really want to see the son of Han and Leia killed? That would certainly be dark and tragic, which I may be up for, but I'd just as soon be willing to see him redeemed.

Interesting times.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 770
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on April 16th 2019, 8:51 am

I just hope we don't see anyone drink milk from an alien's teat.

Twitter
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on April 16th 2019, 10:05 am

jorowi wrote:I just hope we don't see anyone drink milk from an alien's teat.

LOL! Thank you for that.

The rumor mill suggests that Abrams may be gently retconning some stuff, such as Rey's parentage or other details. The sense I get is that this movie was made in the shadow of Last Jedi's controversial elements, so I think they will at least try to give fans what they want, and maybe even what they would reasonably expect.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 982
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  AdamCollings on April 16th 2019, 7:34 pm

jorowi wrote:I just hope we don't see anyone drink milk from an alien's teat.
    Come now, be fair. In the last movie, Luke didn't drink from the teat, he milked it into a bottle first. Wink
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Post  mindspike on April 17th 2019, 2:25 pm

Paeter wrote:The rumor mill suggests that Abrams may be gently retconning some stuff, such as Rey's parentage or other details. The sense I get is that this movie was made in the shadow of Last Jedi's controversial elements, so I think they will at least try to give fans what they want, and maybe even what they would reasonably expect.

It was my understanding that JJ Abrams had signed on to finish the story he started in The Force Awakens - exploring the question "Who is Luke Skywalker?"

I suspect the changes to Abrams core elements in The Last Jedi are going to be largely ignored or glossed over, although Abrams has said on record that he will "respect the choices that film made". But obviously Anakin's lightsaber and Kylo's helmet are back in one piece. Abrams had a vision for all three movies from the beginning, and I do think that includes killing Snoke in Ep 8 in order to pave the way for Palpatine's return.

Can you wrap up all the films in one without making a mess? I think so. Especially since many of the elements in Ep 8 are inconsequential, such as the loss of the Resistance fleet and the introduction of Rose Tico. Whatever else the movie does, it absolutely has to leave open conflict for new stories going forward, as Disney is not going to but a bow on things and restrict the comics, tv show, theme park, novels, and audio dramas to a small selection of settings and characters.

What really needs to be resolved to have a satisfying story? We need a satisfying answer to Rey's identity. We need a restoration of the Force as a major player in the galaxy. We need the overall setting conflict to remain open-ended so that fans can tell their own stories. These are my early opinions.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on April 18th 2019, 8:10 am

mindspike wrote:

It was my understanding that JJ Abrams had signed on to finish the story he started in The Force Awakens - exploring the question "Who is Luke Skywalker?"

I suspect the changes to Abrams core elements in The Last Jedi are going to be largely ignored or glossed over, although Abrams has said on record that he will "respect the choices that film made".

One interesting bit of speculation out there that seems too far-fetched but I'm putting on the table anyway:

"The Rise Of Skywalker" could mean so many things. Maybe Rey is a Skywalker after all. Maybe "Skywalkers" are the new "Jedi", a movement or Force phenomenon more than a family line.
    But is it possible?

... Luke Skywalker rises from the dead?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 25th 2019, 1:18 am