Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

E3 2019 Thoughts

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

E3 2019 Thoughts Empty E3 2019 Thoughts

Post  DNArington June 14th 2019, 4:13 pm

E3 2019 is over now and here's a few things that stuck out to me:

Watch Dogs Legion

I haven't played much Watch Dogs, but the idea of playing as any of the NPCs in the entire city who all have their own voice actors/animations/personalities is very ambitious! Gameplay looks pretty fun! I'll probably wait and see what people say about it, but I'm intrigued!

Marvel's Avengers

I really want to love this, but if what I'm hear about it being a looter, game-as-service RPG in the vein of Destiny is true, then I'm skeptical. That is not my kind of game, but maybe this will be the one to change my mind.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Now this is what I want out of a Star Wars game! I was never a big fan of the Battlefront games, but this looks like Star Wars meets Uncharted! A cool looking story based action game! When he hits the stormtrooper with his own bullet, that was awesome!

Rainbow Six Quarantine

A 3-player co-op Rainbow Six zombie shooter? Yes Please! There's no gameplay yet, but this has tons of potential!

Ghostwire Tokyo

This is made by the people who made The Evil Within 2, so the fact that they are working on something new worries me that The Evil Within is dead. I hope that's not the case, but the trailer for this looks super dope! No gameplay, but it looks like it will have a more action bent then The Evil Within, but will still maintain some of the horror elements as well. I hope it's good!

What caught your eye at E3 this year?
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

E3 2019 Thoughts Empty Re: E3 2019 Thoughts

Post  AGoodReed June 15th 2019, 7:35 pm

I haven't been a gamer in a long time. All I know about E3 comes from Paeter's reaction videos. Aside from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, the only games I'm interested in are from the Devolver, Limited Run, and Kinda Funny E3 Reactions video.

Enter the Gungeon: House of the Gundead

I've never played the Enter the Gungeon games, but I watched Francisco streaming them a few times, and they look like fun. I also enjoy light gun games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead. This looks like the best of both worlds. And I wouldn't be too surprised to actually see it appear in an arcade over here someday.

Limited Run's Re-Release of Various Star Wars Games

I played Shadows of the Empire once on N64, and I was no good. Other than that, I don't think I've played any of these games. I'm interested in all but the racing games, but I think I'd especially enjoy the classic NES/SNES-looking ones.

Looking for Heals

I don't like RPGs very much because they take too long and have too much to read. But the novelty of playing only as the healer intrigues me. Keeping the fighters alive instead of fighting myself is something I want to try.

Undying

I don't care much for zombie stories unless there's an interesting theme as the focus, and this seems to fit that bill. It also seems super heart-wrenching. Having to protect your kid and train him on how to survive in the short time you have before you become a zombie yourself is heavy stuff to me, especially now that I have my own child. I really want to know how the story ends.

Police Stories

If I could choose one game from all of E3 to play, I think I'd choose this one. I like the top-down view. It reminds me of the original Grand Theft Auto games. I also like the gimmick of having to follow police protocol rather than going in guns blazing all the time. It seems like a much more thoughtful game that takes life seriously.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 17th 2019, 11:49 am

Well I've posted my thoughts to death in video form on the Christian Geek Central youtube channel, but still can't resist talking
    about E3 a little more.

Now that the storm has passed and I've had a couple days doing non-E3 things to settle my mind from the bombardment of stimulation, Watch Dogs Legion stands out to me, not as my favorite game of E3, but at the one I'm most intrigued and surprised by.

Second to that in intrigue is probably Carrion. I've heard a little more about how this game plays. It's a bit of a Metroidvania, where you are growing in power and unlocking abilities, with some light puzzle elements as you decide how to approach (sneak up on) certain situations. I still know way too little to be confident its a game for me, but I know enough to feel optomistic about it!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings June 17th 2019, 6:01 pm

The biggest news for me is the Google Stadia, because it means that maybe I'll be able to start paying attention to gaming news again. I pretty much ignore it at present (apart from listening to Peater's mammoth E3 reaction podcasts Smile ) because I simply don't have the hardware to play current games.
    Stadia might change all that.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 18th 2019, 11:40 am

AdamCollings wrote:The biggest news for me is the Google Stadia, because it means that maybe I'll be able to start paying attention to gaming news again. I pretty much ignore it at present (apart from listening to Peater's mammoth E3 reaction podcasts Smile ) because I simply don't have the hardware to play current games.

Yeah, I didn't quite give it enough credit for its potential as a service for those who aren't currently in the hobby. I would imagine that for some people, the free version of Stadia (Stadia Base) will be really appealing. Even at 30fps and 720 resolution, Stadia Base will still allow people to play new games with only the investment for the game itself, and a controller if they don't have one already. Assuming lag isn't an issue (either because the connection is good enough or by playing slower, styles of games), Stadia Base could be an incredible value.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington June 19th 2019, 4:05 pm

AGoodReed wrote:Limited Run's Re-Release of Various Star Wars Games

I played Shadows of the Empire once on N64, and I was no good. Other than that, I don't think I've played any of these games. I'm interested in all but the racing games, but I think I'd especially enjoy the classic NES/SNES-looking ones.
    I haven't played (and don't have a lot of interest) in this particular batch of games, but it's pretty cool that they are making even some of the smaller SW games that I've never even heard of. It gives me hope that some other "forgotten" games from the past could be brought back as well, like the Spider-Man trilogy based on the Raimi movies.

Paeter wrote:Second to that in intrigue is probably Carrion. I've heard a little more about how this game plays. It's a bit of a Metroidvania, where you are growing in power and unlocking abilities, with some light puzzle elements as you decide how to approach (sneak up on) certain situations. I still know way too little to be confident its a game for me, but I know enough to feel optomistic about it!
    I missed this! I'm not a big side-scrolling gamer, so I don't know if I'll end up playing it, but this looks interesting. It's a unique concept.

AdamCollings wrote:The biggest news for me is the Google Stadia, because it means that maybe I'll be able to start paying attention to gaming news again. I pretty much ignore it at present (apart from listening to Peater's mammoth E3 reaction podcasts Smile ) because I simply don't have the hardware to play current games.
    I'm very curious to see how Stadia will turn out. This looks like something that could change gaming forever or maybe just be another option next to consoles/PCs in the future depending on how things pan out. I love the idea, but I wonder how well it will work if my internet is spotty. Currently I'm happy with my PS4, so I'm probably just going to let other people try it out and let Google improve upon it before I try it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 2:51 am