Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome Empty New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome

Post  AdamCollings July 21st 2019, 5:13 am

So they released a full trailer for Star Trek Picard at comic con last night and it looks fantastic. They are some surprise appearances in there and some easter eggs. But the new stuff sounds pretty compelling too, which is very important, because a show can't just rest on nostalgia. It looks like this show will have some nice links to the past but also plot a new course into the future. The show is going to basically be a 10 hour movie and is said to be more character focused than Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I've been geeking out over this all day. Here are my thoughts and analyses on the trailer.

Bring on early 2020.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome Empty Re: New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome

Post  jorowi July 22nd 2019, 8:27 am

Nice analysis, Adam. I haven't finished Discovery but since this has familiar characters and a universe I like, I may watch this one. Just wish I didn't have to pay for an additional service to watch it.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome Empty Re: New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome

Post  Paeter July 22nd 2019, 12:49 pm

AdamCollings wrote:
    The show is going to basically be a 10 hour movie and is said to be more character focused than Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Yes please! And this trailer will VERY likely be in my ComiCon video later this week. In fact, thinking about it triggered a thought that may change the entire course of what I do with CGC and SBP (he said cryptically). Insiders, stay tuned!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings July 22nd 2019, 6:30 pm

New Star Trek Picard trailer looks awesome Image018
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings July 22nd 2019, 6:33 pm

jorowi wrote:Nice analysis, Adam. I haven't finished Discovery but since this has familiar characters and a universe I like, I may watch this one. Just wish I didn't have to pay for an additional service to watch it.

Even I have to pay for a new service this time around, as Discovery was on Netflix and Picard is on Amazon.
    But who am I kidding? I'd sell my left kidney to see new Star Trek. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 12:29 am