Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths Empty Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths

Post  AdamCollings September 19th 2019, 11:00 pm

Well, looks like it's officially happening.
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/09/tom-welling-will-play-superman-once-more-in-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths Image020

I haven't been keeping up with the Arrowverse, but I might just buy Crisis in Infinite Earths when it comes out on DVD/Blueray. Just for the fun gimmick value.
    Despire having way too much teenage sex angst, which often drove us mad, my wife and I really quite enjoyed Smallville back in the day. After ten years of build-up, I really wanted to see more of that particular version of Superman. Maybe we'll get that here. The article is a little unclear whether Welling will actually wear the superman suit for this.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths Empty Re: Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths

Post  Paeter September 23rd 2019, 1:05 pm

Yeah, interesting stuff! That's two Supermans! I wonder if they are working on getting Dean Cain!
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths Empty Re: Tom Welling Reprising his Smallville role for Crisis in Infinite Earths

Post  AGoodReed September 23rd 2019, 5:20 pm

They've also got Mark Hamill playing Joker, Kevin Conroy playing Batman, and the girl from Smallville playing Lois Lane.

I'll definitely give it a watch when I can just for the novelty. But I still haven't figure out...is it a movie, a crossover event, or a mini-series?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 24th 2019, 11:10 am

AGoodReed wrote:

I'll definitely give it a watch when I can just for the novelty. But I still haven't figure out...is it a movie, a crossover event, or a mini-series?

Yeah, I imagine I'll have to at least try to watch as it airs for CGC purposes. Doubt I'll enjoy it outside the novelty though. I think it might be a crossover event, requiring viewers to watch ALL Arrowverse shows for 1 or more weeks.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings September 24th 2019, 6:27 pm

The ways these usually work is that yes, there are four episodes, each on a different show.
    So Episode 1: Arrow, Episode 2: The Flash etc.
    They tend to release these all together on DVD, at least in Australia. There's no other convenient way to watch them down here. Arrow is on Netflix. Flash is on Stan. Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl? Dunno where they're available, other than DVD.
    I kinda lost interest in most of these shows over time, but might have stuck with them if they'd been easier to watch.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 11:46 am