Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Rickster
Paeter
6 posters

FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!) Empty FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!)

Post  Paeter January 29th 2011, 10:15 pm

The Spirit Blade Enhanced Audio Book is coming, and YOU can help get it here! (And maybe even win a prize doing it!)

The unpublished novella on which the Spirit Blade Trilogy is based will soon be available to everyone for FREE in enhanced audio book format, read by myself and featuring sound effects and music from "Spirit Blade: Special Edition" and "Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual"!

I am planning to release it on multiple sites across the web, simultaneously. But I need your help!

For this to have the far reaching potential it's intended to have, I need to release the audio book on at least 10 different sites at once.

Once I have 10 viable sites to launch the audio book on, I will drop everything else* I'm doing and immediately launch the audio book for everyone to download and enjoy for FREE!

With all that I have on my plate right now(prepping the Brent Weeks podcasts, planning and creating behind the scenes videos, publicity networking, etc.) I don't have the time to find the best websites for this endeavor. I've found three so far: podiobooks.com, spoken network, and archive.org. Any suggestions from you would be HUGELY appreciated! And as I said, as soon as I have 10 viable sites, EVERYONE can have this audio book for FREE!

For a website to be a viable host for the audio book files, it must meet the following criteria:

1. I must be able to submit and have them host and distribute the files from their site for free.

2. If they sell audio fiction, rather than primarily give it away, I must have the option to give my files away or set my price at $0.00.

3. I must not be required to place my files in the "Public Domain", though "Creative Commons" is fine.

4. It must be a site where people primarily go for audio fiction. (As opposed to a site purposed primarily for something else that is simply willing to host the files.)

In addition, the first person to suggest the site that I believe will have the greatest traffic of all those suggested, will be awarded with a free download of their choice from the Spirit Blade Productions online store!

There is no deadline for this event. It's simply over once I have 7 viable suggestions. So you can send me one suggestion or send me seven! Just leave a comment here or e-mail me at: paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

The arrival of the FREE Spirit Blade Audio Book is entirely in your hands!

Happy hunting!

-Paeter Frandsen

* - does not include the processing of online orders, blog posting, podcasting, caring for wife and children, eating or bathing. (Well, maybe bathing.)
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!) Empty Re: FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!)

Post  Rickster January 30th 2011, 1:41 am

Have you check out Audible yet?
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!) Empty Re: FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!)

Post  CreatorsPixels February 1st 2011, 11:33 pm

Have you ever looked into something like bandcamp.com? I have a buddy that uses it some, though I never have. Its more for music but I don't see why it wouldn't fit. Its free (they collect a fee on sales) and you can set your fee to $0 if I read it correctly. Also, what about iTunes? Seems like everyone is on there and I know you can list stuff as free downloads. Not positive on the requirements to upload to them though. Knowing Apple they will want some control on your content. Good luck!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 2nd 2011, 7:10 pm

Thanks guys!

I haven't had time to look into Audible yet, but if you learn that they meet my criteria I'd love to hear about it!

Haven't looked into bandcamp, although it doesn't sound like a place people would mainly go to for audio fiction. (see #4) If you find out different I'd love to know about it!

As for i-tunes, I believe you need to have a host for your files that can submit them to i-tunes. My podcast, for example, is submitted to i-tunes by libsyn, my host. But I also pay them $6/month for hosting. But if you learn of a free hosting service that will submit the stream to i-tunes, or if you learn of another way I could get it on i-tunes for free, I'd be all over it!

Cool possibilities, guys! Wish I had time to check them all out and clear them with my criteria sometime soon. But if you find out that they do, be sure to let me know! We can get this audio book out for free in no time!

Thanks!
    caco
    caco

Activity : 8
    Geek-Cred : 0

FREE SB Audio Book (The Release Date Is In Your Hands!) Empty help..

Post  caco February 21st 2011, 3:30 pm

Hey how large would the file be? If it's not too large i could host the file at my site.

soderquist.net/cmsoder

Cool
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 21st 2011, 3:54 pm

caco wrote:Hey how large would the file be? If it's not too large i could host the file at my site.

soderquist.net/cmsoder

Cool

Thanks for the offer, Caco! The entire audio book weighs in at close to 700MB.

If that's not too large, you're more than welcome to host the files. Although since your site isn't primarily geared toward those looking for specifically audio fiction(as per #4 on the list of criteria), it wouldn't count toward the total number of submitted sites I need to launch the audio book online.

If you'd still like to host the files, shoot me an e-mail and I'll be happy to send them your way at the time of launch!

paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

Thanks again!

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford February 21st 2011, 4:10 pm

I'd like to say bandcamp is pretty awesome. You can practically pick any format you'd like to download the product as. But as far as I know I think it is music oriented. But what's really cool is you could set the price at $0 but people "can" pay what they want...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 21st 2011, 4:18 pm

Hackmodford wrote:I'd like to say bandcamp is pretty awesome. You can practically pick any format you'd like to download the product as. But as far as I know I think it is music oriented. But what's really cool is you could set the price at $0 but people "can" pay what they want...

Cool! Well, it may not be eligible for the "official count" toward launch, but I'll definitely keep it in mind as an additional site! I'd love to get the audio book in as many places as possible!

So thanks to both CreatorsPixels and Hackmodford for the bandcamp referral!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 21st 2011, 4:56 pm

Oh! And thanks for the link and feature on your site, Caco! I thought I typed that in my first response but just noticed now I didn't. Thanks so much for helping to get the word out! Hugely appreciated!
    caco
    caco

Activity : 8

Post  caco February 23rd 2011, 10:32 pm

Paeter wrote:Oh! And thanks for the link and feature on your site, Caco! I thought I typed that in my first response but just noticed now I didn't. Thanks so much for helping to get the word out! Hugely appreciated!

No problem! Wink
    kevbayer
    kevbayer

Activity : 19

Post  kevbayer March 21st 2011, 6:08 pm

podiobooks.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 21st 2011, 8:51 pm

kevbayer wrote:podiobooks.com

Yep! You must be a fellow "skimmer". I've already got that one down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 7:46 am