Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Don't know what to say

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Don't know what to say Empty Don't know what to say

Post  Rickster February 4th 2011, 4:10 am

I just found out that a member of a family that i've know since i was in jr high was hospilized after a drug overdose and he refused his family request to go to rehab and now he's left his father's church and will have nothing to do with his family. I want to help him but I don't know what to say to him? I have been praying for him but I want to do more any ideas?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Don't know what to say Empty Re: Don't know what to say

Post  Paeter February 5th 2011, 12:55 pm

Hey Rickster. Real sorry to hear about that. I wish I could feel confident in advising you on what to say. It may be that he doesn't need special words right now, but just someone to hang with. Or maybe not that either. My gut reaction would be to schedule a meeting with one of the pastors at my church to get their insight to this kind of situation and what my role might be.

Feel free to keep us posted or request prayer in the prayer request forum.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub February 16th 2011, 2:37 pm

Rickster,

Can't imagine how hard and difficult this is for you. Know that I'll pray for you, and your friend and his family.

When it comes to what to say to your friend, I would suggest seriously seeking God's wisdom and guidance in your approach to your friend. It may be a difficult thing to contemplate, but God may not want you to say anything. Or He may use you as a tipping point for your friend. This is the time to put yourself completely in God's hands, give yourself completely over to Him and be obedient and willing to move when He says it's time and in whatever fashion He deems right. Above all, always be in prayer for your friend.

Paeter has a great suggest that I'll echo; seek guidance from a pastor on how to approach the situation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 7:19 am