Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Recasting Two Major Female Roles!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Recasting Two Major Female Roles! Empty Recasting Two Major Female Roles!

Post  Paeter March 3rd 2011, 1:17 pm

This is an open casting call for two major roles in audio dramas produced by The Spirit Blade Underground Alliance. (www.spiritblade.net/allianceinfo)

These roles were previously cast, but due to some availability complications, we have to re-cast for each part.

The first is the role of Dr. Renette Blue in the series "Of The Night".

"Of The Night" could be described as "modern vampire noir". It's a blend of horror, mystery and crime drama. Each episode runs between 10-15 minutes. There are two episodes left for this character.

Please record your audition at 128kbps or higher in mp3, or use wav file format. All auditions should be sent via Yousendit (www.yousendit.com) to:
    paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

***Please remember to make use of "yousendit". Do not send your file directly to the e-mail listed.**

Please use the following format when naming your audition files: YourName_CharacterName.mp3

***Auditions for this role are due by Saturday, March 19th.***

Below is a brief character description and the lines to use in your audition. You can also hear the performances so far for this role, as recorded by Renae Marie, at:

http://www.archive.org/download/OfTheNightEpisode1KissTheNight/OfTheNightEp1_KissTheNight_SBUA.mp3

http://www.archive.org/download/OfTheNightEpisode2SearchTheNight/OfTheNightEp2_SearchTheNight_SBUA.mp3

Thanks and have fun!

-Paeter Frandsen

Dr. Renette Blue (F)
    Psychiatrist. Skeptical toward the supernatural. She most often has a calm, soothing voice and genuinely cares for her patients. RECURRING ROLE

Audition Lines:

Dr. Smith was very clear regarding your delusions. But it's the start of the healing process if you understand your problem yourself. I would say that the trauma you're experiencing circulates around the time of her disappearance. How long was it before they found her body?

And what was your reaction when you heard that the body had subsequently gone missing? (Sincerely) I can understand how that would be painful.

James, I realize this may be hard to hear, but what you may need to do now is learn to let go of the things that remind you of her so that you can move forward and be the James you are meant to be.

I'm proud of you James. That took a great deal of courage and I'm sure it wasn't easy. But you're making wonderful progress.

The second role needing to be filled is Brianna Summers, the lead role in a sci-fi series titled "Voyages Of The USS Sasquatch". No episodes for this production have been produced yet, however all lines from other actors are in and we only need the lines for Brianna Summers to begin production.

If you auditioned for Brianna Summers in the original round of auditions, we still have your audition and will consider it again for this role, however you are welcome to submit a new audition as well, if you'd like.

This is a limited series. Multiple episodes with a definitive ending planned. (4 episodes with the possibility of another mini-series to follow) On the far distant border of our known universe and the frontier, Brianna Summers’ life and direction will be forever changed by what she faces and how she copes.

Episode 1-

Midshipman Brianna Summers reluctantly signs on the crew of the USS Sasquatch, a Patrol cutter. Although she has been expecting a practicum placement on a Fleet cruiser, this was not available to her. As she acclimates to being on a much smaller vessel, she finds that her crewmates are interesting people, not the “second stringers” as portrayed by the Admiralty. Sasquatch is then called to rescue an Arghian science ship from an artificial black hole. This leads to a showdown with two Path cruisers and a critical decision being made by Captain Jessup in order to save lives.

Please record your audition at 128kbps or higher in mp3, or use wav file format.
    All auditions should be sent via Yousendit (www.yousendit.com) to:
    paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net
    ***Yousendit is a FREE online file transfer service. Please remember to make use of it. Do not send your file directly to
    the e-mail listed.***

Please use the following format when naming your audition files:
    YourName_CharacterName.mp3

Please avoid "pops" from consonants in your recording. This will have an impact on whether or not you are cast.

***Auditions are due by Saturday, March 19th.***

Below is a brief character description and the lines to use in your audition.
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at: paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

Thanks and have fun!

-Paeter Frandsen

Ensign Brianna “Bree” Summers: 18, female. RECURRING ROLE
    Brianna Summers has reluctantly signed onboard the USS Sasquatch to fulfill her shipboard practicum for graduation from the Admiralty’s Academy. Summers will find her training, abilities and her beliefs tested immediately. Despite being on a Patrol vessel, she is eager to prove herself. It will be through her eyes that the listeners will view these stories.

On the far distant border of our known universe and the frontier, Brianna Summers’ life and direction will be forever changed by what she faces and how she copes.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING ALL ROLES IN THIS SERIES:

Military space fiction can have a tendency to be dry if subtext is not given to the lines, especially those lines dealing with exposition or “techno-babble”. Auditions that lend subtext to their lines will be looked on favorably. For example, if you record a line in which you are reporting on repairs or scientific discoveries made by an away team, consider carefully how each element of the information you are expressing makes your character feel. Frustrated, excited, mystified, etc. In your audition it’s not important that you deliver the right subtext (we can fix that in directing) but that you deliver some kind of noticeable subtext of your choosing.

Audition lines:

(Narration)It was night time on the space station. This meant that the lights were dim and there were few people moving about as I had made my way to one of the observation decks. That way I could get another look at her.
    The USS Boston. She [was first of a new class of ships designed by and primarily constructed by citizens of Earth. A beautiful shark of a vessel designed to showcase Earth technical know-how and to be a true presence in trans-system society.
    She was absolutely beautiful. A work of space-going art.

(Dialogue) Sir…I was able to repair most of the crystal systems located on the bridge. I was also able to reactivate some of the self-repair functions that had gone dormant in the bio-packs. The magnetic discharges associated with plasma cannons will sometimes cause that function to go dormant. Most of the damage was caused by a massive power surge in the main relay station after the port shields failed. But it was mostly localized there as well. I have two cultures of crystals growing to make repair patches. I was also able to reconnect most of the onboard diagnostic systems. Good news is that the damages were not as bad as initially reported. Close, but not as bad.

Well, they weren’t very supportive. (eating) What is this? It’s delicious.

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Recasting Two Major Female Roles! Empty Re: Recasting Two Major Female Roles!

Post  Rickster March 4th 2011, 5:24 pm

I copy and pasted this on my Facebook page to see if that can help with the search
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 4th 2011, 7:25 pm

Rickster wrote:I copy and pasted this on my Facebook page to see if that can help with the search

Cool! Thanks so much, Rickster!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 17th 2011, 6:08 pm

Just a reminder, folks! Auditions for this are due by end of day Saturday!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 5:14 pm