Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Rickster
Paeter
6 posters

Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"! Empty Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"!

Post  Paeter July 11th 2011, 3:38 pm

This is a re-casting call for the role of "Moose" in "Voyages Of The USS Sasquatch", produced by "The Spirit Blade Underground Alliance"! (www.spiritblade.net/alliance)

This is a limited series, multiple episodes with a definitive ending planned. On the far distant border of our known universe and the frontier, Brianna Summers’ life and direction will be forever changed by what she faces and how she copes.

Episode 1-

Midshipman Brianna Summers reluctantly signs on the crew of the USS Sasquatch, a Patrol cutter. Although she has been expecting a practicum placement on a Fleet cruiser, this was not available to her. As she acclimates to being on a much smaller vessel, she finds that her crewmates are interesting people, not the “second stringers” as portrayed by the Admiralty. Sasquatch is then called to rescue an Arghian science ship from an artificial black hole. This leads to a showdown with two Path cruisers and a critical decision being made by Captain Jessup in order to save lives.

MOOSE: late twenties, male. RECURRING ROLE
    Alton Mosberg or: Moose” is a hulking Marine. This puts him in charge of the squad of Marines which makes up most of the Sasquatch’s crew. Moose can come across as an “aw shucks” type of southern boy. But he is all business “…when the visor comes down.”

Audition Lines:

Yeah. Park it and be neighborly.

The Admiralty (snort). Babe, the Admiralty is only interested in building big fancy cruise ships that just happen to be armed. Did you know that everbody over the rank of lieutenant has an assigned valet. A valet…On a war ship.

Please record your audition at 128kbps or higher in mp3, or use wav file format.
    All auditions should be sent via Yousendit (www.yousendit.com) to:
    paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net
    ***Yousendit is a FREE online file transfer service. Please remember to make use of it. Do not send your file directly to
    the e-mail listed.***

Please use the following format when naming your audition files:
    YourName_CharacterName_SasquatchAUD.mp3
    Please only audition for this role if you are interested in recording for all episodes in this series. (4 episodes with the possibility of another mini-series to follow.)

***Auditions are due by Sunday, July 24th.***
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"! Empty Re: Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"!

Post  Paeter August 3rd 2011, 1:10 pm

Well, we haven't gotten a SINGLE audition for this re-cast yet! So if you're interested, your chances are extremely good! We're extending the deadline to August 14th!

Thanks!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"! Empty Re: Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"!

Post  Rickster August 4th 2011, 9:06 pm

I posted the add on a couple of Filmmaker facebook groups but the only person that comemented was on woman who said she'd audtion if the gender was changed. But I'll keep you informed if someone else is interested
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 5th 2011, 6:49 pm

Thanks so much for doing that!
    ColinSnow

Activity : 5
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  ColinSnow August 8th 2011, 5:07 pm

So, no one auditioned for this eh?

*cracks knuckles and smiles*

I think ya'll better get ready then Wink
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 9th 2011, 12:58 pm

ColinSnow wrote:So, no one auditioned for this eh?

*cracks knuckles and smiles*

I think ya'll better get ready then Wink

Great! I'll brace for impact!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"! Empty Audition

Post  Drew.Rub August 26th 2011, 7:26 pm

Did anyone besides myself ever get around to auditioning for this?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 27th 2011, 1:56 am

Drew.Rub wrote:Did anyone besides myself ever get around to auditioning for this?
    Yeah, we got about six auditions for this one. They're still under consideration. Y'all make our choice tough!
    WuLongTi
    WuLongTi

Activity : 18

Post  WuLongTi August 27th 2011, 3:59 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:Did anyone besides myself ever get around to auditioning for this?

I did too. I've been wondering what came of this...
    ordinarywmn

Activity : 1

Re-Casting "Moose" for "U.S.S. Sasquatch"! Empty re auditions

Post  ordinarywmn August 31st 2011, 8:03 pm

will you be having any additional auditions for female roles?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 1st 2011, 7:23 pm

Thanks to everyone who auditioned for this part. REEEEALLY tough choice to make, but the role has been cast and the actor accepted. Stay tuned for more opportunities, though! We've got several projects that will release in a month or two, after which we'll likely have some more auditions going on for new projects!

Thanks!

-Paeter
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 1st 2011, 7:25 pm

ordinarywmn wrote:will you be having any additional auditions for female roles?

I hope so! We've got some projects finishing up now and will hopefully then start auditions for new projects. I often encourage our writers to convert male characters to female if the cast looks male-heavy, so I'm lookin' out for you! Stay tuned!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 2:09 am