Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Summer Of Free 2012 Sugestions!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Summer Of Free 2012 Sugestions! Empty Summer Of Free 2012 Sugestions!

Post  Paeter June 4th 2012, 4:59 pm

Hey Everybody!

CreatorsPixels noticed that I hadn't started a thread on this yet (shame on me!) but I'm fixing that right now.

I'd love to get your suggestions for things I can highlight in the Summer Of Free Segment of the podcast this year.

Suggestions should have some kind of geek appeal and be 100%, no grey areas, legal.
    And of course they must also be free. Entertainment options that have optional purchases involved are fine, but you should not have to spend any money to enjoy the experience being offered. (For example, "Free Trials" of video games etc. would not be good suggestions.)

Posting your suggestions here is no guarantee that they'll be featured on the show, but I'll use as many as I think fit the criteria above, so don't be shy!

The first suggestions were sent to me by CreatorsPixels. I'll copy it here to get the ball rolling:

Didn't see anything on the forums where you were collecting tips for SoF so I will send it this way. If you want I can post it too. Anyway, here is what I got.

There is a music site called Sphere of Hip Hop that is "Christian" based that is mainly for rap/hip-hop music. Its more of an indie site but some of the members have gotten pretty big. They have a forum where everyone collaborates and are free to post there own stuff. All the music provided is 100% free and provided by the artist themselves who are all on that site. Its a good way to fill up an ipod with some new fresh, free music. Anyway, here is the link. http://www.sphereofhiphop.com/rap/listen/free-mp3s/

They also have a podcast that is done by one of the local guys on the site. Its basically a 30 minute show of him doing a small amount of commentary on some new music and then playing it. Yet another great way to hear some new tunes for free! http://www.sphereofhiphop.com/podcast/ And one last thing....maybe. This is some straight up geeky remixes that anyone who had an NES would get a kick out of. Some big names worked on it, one (not so big) that is friend of mine. Its free to listen to or download. Pretty funny stuff. http://heathmcnease.bandcamp.com/album/straight-outta-console-the-nintendo-thumb-mixtape

Hope you enjoy, let me know if you need more info. Keep up the good work, God bless!

www.spiritblade.com
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Summer Of Free 2012 Sugestions! Empty Tom Hanks' Electric City

Post  BenAvery July 17th 2012, 4:14 pm

I've heard rumblings of this web series for a little while, and now I see it is finally out.

It's an animated series created by Tom Hanks about an alternate electro-punk reality (because there is not steam to be seen . . .)

The episodes are short -- five minutes long, but build up into what could be a feature length type of thing. It's the type of thing I dream of doing, to be honest.

http://electriccity.yahoo.com/

EDIT: It is not for kids. There are themes abounding that will resonate with "the underground" here, but that are not suitable for young or sensitive viewers.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Summer Of Free 2012 Sugestions! Empty Re: Summer Of Free 2012 Sugestions!

Post  Paeter July 18th 2012, 10:07 pm

Cool! Thanks for the link!

www.spiritblade.com
    cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  cleireac September 14th 2012, 4:57 pm

Too bad the Summer of Free is over. I would have recommended the Quasar Dragon blog. It provides links to 100% free and legal short fiction, audio dramas, etc.

The problem has been that the owner of the blog has bouts with time overwhelming him and he has to take a posting sabbatical. I just learned today that he is back up and running (for how long no one knows). There is plenty to check out by looking into his older posts.

http://freesciencefantasy.blogspot.com/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 14th 2012, 11:44 pm

Sounds cool! If you think of it, please remind me next summer. Sounds like a great fit! Thanks.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 4:20 am