Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+5
Nathan James Norman
DNArington
Rickster
tmorrill
Paeter
9 posters

The Future Of "In Search Of Truth"

Poll

I'd Love For "In Search Of Truth" To Be:

[ 7 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap35%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [35%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap10%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap20%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap0%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap5%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap0%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_lcap30%The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" I_vote_rcap [30%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" Empty The Future Of "In Search Of Truth"

Post  Paeter July 16th 2012, 7:17 pm

I'm interested in collecting a little quick data from you guys regarding the "In Search Of Truth" segment of the podcast/blog. Please check a couple boxes to help me out. Thanks!
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

The Future Of "In Search Of Truth" Empty Re: The Future Of "In Search Of Truth"

Post  tmorrill July 16th 2012, 9:39 pm

Personally, I don't get much out of topical preaching (there are exceptions) so I prefer a verse by verse reading with those verses providing the topic. That being said I'm not opposed to pulling out other verses to show the Bible is internally consistent and the support the decisions drawn from the main scripture.

Also, keep it weekly. That's my favorite part of the podcast.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 16th 2012, 9:49 pm

Thanks! Don't forget to vote in the poll!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 16th 2012, 9:52 pm

I also prefer the verse by verse study but stoping to do a topical study now and then is ok. I'd also like to see it more interactive ;ike either bring back the coffe house question or once in a while have listeners submit a Bible study or their testimony like tmorrill did last episode
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill July 16th 2012, 10:08 pm

Paeter wrote:Thanks! Don't forget to vote in the poll!

Already did!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 16th 2012, 10:10 pm

Hmm. My browser is showing "total votes:x". Of course you guys know me and technology, so I'm probably doing or interpreting something wrong.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill July 16th 2012, 10:15 pm

Paeter wrote:Hmm. My browser is showing "total votes:x". Of course you guys know me and technology, so I'm probably doing or interpreting something wrong.

You might have to either vote yourself or select an option to "view votes cast".
    Just so you know though in order of options

28%
    0%
    28%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    42%

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington July 17th 2012, 9:50 am

I love it when you do topical studies. I think it helps me to see how I can apply it to life easier. No matter how you decide to go forward, you are still creating a great podcast and a great segment.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman July 17th 2012, 11:31 am

Paeter, keep doing what you're doing! From a man who has made preaching the first priority in his life: You give your audience spiritual meat in a winsome, and understanding way, while simultaneously applying it to the vast majority of your listener's lives.

I know you put a TON of work into the segment each week, but I think it is super-beneficial for your listeners, and myself as well!
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy July 17th 2012, 12:13 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:Paeter, keep doing what you're doing! From a man who has made preaching the first priority in his life: You give your audience spiritual meat in a winsome, and understanding way, while simultaneously applying it to the vast majority of your listener's lives.

I know you put a TON of work into the segment each week, but I think it is super-beneficial for your listeners, and myself as well!

Ditto. I enjoy the occasional topic, but for the most part I prefer the verse by verse approach. I think you should keep going how you have been on this. (Except maybe bring back the coffeehouse question.)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 17th 2012, 2:31 pm

tmorrill wrote:
    You might have to either vote yourself or select an option to "view votes cast".
    Yep, that was trick. I didn't have to vote but clicking "view votes cast" worked.
    Thanks!
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels July 18th 2012, 8:30 am

Nathan James Norman wrote:Paeter, keep doing what you're doing! .... You give your audience spiritual meat in a winsome, and understanding way, while simultaneously applying it to the vast majority of your listener's lives.

+1 on that for me!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub July 20th 2012, 8:36 pm

I have to be honest in saying that my main drive for listening to the podcast is the ISoT segment. Not that I don't like the reviews and otherr content, but the ISoT segment really helps feed my spiritual mid-week needs.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate August 2nd 2012, 5:47 pm

I checked the first and last boxes.

Also: love that the votes are shown by swords, how geeky cool is that! cheers
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 3rd 2012, 6:56 pm

ComiKate wrote:
    Also: love that the votes are shown by swords, how geeky cool is that! cheers

I believe we have Hackmodford to thank for that. I dig 'em too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 3:16 am