Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

"The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25

Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

"The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25 Empty "The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25

Post  Nathan James Norman October 1st 2014, 11:03 am

Episode 25 is now live (and in all your podcasting devices now)!
    Give a listen to it here: http://www.untoldpodcast.com/home/untold-podcast-25-the-gnomes-and-the-pit
    I really enjoyed this episode. It made me smile recording it the whole way through!

And please share it with your friends.

"The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25 7434907

JUMP BELOW FOR STORY DISCUSSION
    bounce

Last edited by Nathan James Norman on October 1st 2014, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

"The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25 Empty Re: "The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25

Post  Nathan James Norman October 1st 2014, 11:04 am

********************Spoilers Below *******************************

So...
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

"The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25 Empty Re: "The Gnomes and the Pit" Episode 25

Post  Nathan James Norman October 1st 2014, 11:06 am

What was humorous about this episode? (Seriously, I smile every time I listen to it)

What is the "Big Idea"?

What is it trying to communicate to us?
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  fxruizx July 6th 2015, 2:41 pm

This was a very enjoyable story from Mikel and you gave voice to it superbly Nathan Smile

I thought this was actually an allegory of Christ coming down from high up to a sinful people (gnomes) who didn't realize anything was wrong. But after your "post script" I totally get how it is more analogous to evangelism - and I, like the house-flipper, feel out of my element when trying to talk about how good my "normal" is to someone that doesn't know Christ.

Really appreciate you bringing us these stories!
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers July 6th 2015, 5:16 pm

I definitely was talking evangelism, even then I talked with Nathan whether it was right to give the narrator the power to save... he pointed out it was just a story.
    However... I definitely think that people think that we, who evangelize, feel like Saviors with all the answers and holier-than-thou attitudes, when really, we aren't relying on our own virtues at all, we've just been placed "up there" and can help others out.

Anyway, before I go on a longer-than-the-story explanation/commentary....

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman July 18th 2015, 5:45 am

fxruizx wrote:This was a very enjoyable story from Mikel and you gave voice to it superbly Nathan Smile

I thought this was actually an allegory of Christ coming down from high up to a sinful people (gnomes) who didn't realize anything was wrong. But after your "post script" I totally get how it is more analogous to evangelism - and I, like the house-flipper, feel out of my element when trying to talk about how good my "normal" is to someone that doesn't know Christ.

I think on some level it can certainly work both ways. Stories like these are metaphors... and since Christians are supposed to take on the character of Christ... well we should do things that represent and resemble his work!

fxruizx wrote: Really appreciate you bringing us these stories!

You are welcome! Thank you for listening and encouraging!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 6:54 pm