Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Scalebound And Xbox One RPGs

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Scalebound And Xbox One RPGs Empty Scalebound And Xbox One RPGs

Post  Paeter August 5th 2015, 11:04 am

I've been waiting with curiosity to see what Xbox would show of "Scalebound" at GamesCom. Here's what we got:

It looks cool and next-gen, but doesn't seem to have a real unique identity. With the headphone wearing dragon-riding stuff it feels a bit like an attempt to market an RPG to people who don't think RPGs are "cool".

I don't know, that might be some baggage I'm bringing from long standing impressions I've had that the Xbox brand is for what I might call the "Jock Gamer", who plays mostly sports and competitive FPS games. Through that (possibly false) filter, this looks like an RPG for those "Jock Gamers" who want a little more variety, as opposed to a game that will really stand out to RPG gamers who love RPGs. As someone in the latter camp, like I said before, this game doesn't seem to have a strong identity, although maybe its unique enough for those who don't play a ton of RPGs.

I don't trust my assessment. Anyone else have a perspective on this?

www.spiritblade.com
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Scalebound And Xbox One RPGs Empty Re: Scalebound And Xbox One RPGs

Post  CreatorsPixels August 5th 2015, 11:43 am

First I've seen this one. I don't know, maybe it isn't bad but I'm not interested enough to pick it up till its at least in the $20 bin. Well if you don't have a requirement for xBox Live! Still no desire to play with a bunch of random people online yet.

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 12:49 am