Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Extra-Life 2015!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Extra-Life 2015!! Empty Extra-Life 2015!!

Post  Paeter September 28th 2015, 1:02 pm

Time to bust out my megaphone for Extra-Life 2015!

Once again I've signed up to lead the Christian Geek Central team to help provide medical care to children whose parents can't afford it. If you've been looking for a way to practice and grow in self-sacrifice or respond to scripture's command to remember the poor (Galatians 2:10), this is a great little "baby step" in that direction that is also potentially a ton of fun!

For the basic info, check out this video I released recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbGjSi6SEfw

As I mention in the video, there are alternatives to doing a 24-hour marathon. Some folks break up the 24 hours into separate days/chunks. Some people do something totally different instead of a marathon! You could just as easily host a game day or a game night at your house or church and put out a donation bowl. Or dedicate a specific online gaming session to the effort and ask those who play online with you to consider donating as a part of that event.

Honestly, you don't even have to do an event at all! Can you click "send"? Because if you can you can be a part of this event and simply send out some e-mails to those you know and ask them to consider donating(I'll even provide e-mail text you can use or modify!).

Yeah, asking for money can be a little uncomfortable. I know I am ALWAYS uncomfortable asking people for money, despite having a great cause motivating it. But maybe that's the limb God wants you to walk out on as you allow him to stretch you a little.

I certainly recognize you have many opportunities to do many worthwhile things, and we all have to figure out which things to say yes and no to. There are only so many hours in the day and so much energy we have to give. But if this is something you can be a part of I would LOVE to have you on the Christian Geek Central Team!

As of this posting, "Trek-Talking" Matt McKinney and myself are the only one's on-board. And while Flash and Green Lantern make a great team, I tend to think that two is a "duo" and three or arguably 4 is a proper "team". For more info, visit: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=register.start&eventID=525&teamID=23583

Or feel free to ask questions here!

Thanks for your consideration!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Extra-Life 2015!! Empty Re: Extra-Life 2015!!

Post  Paeter September 28th 2015, 3:18 pm

And now, in video form!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 9th 2015, 10:45 am

Our team is up to 4 members now! Soon we'll be gearing up for the main push! Anyone else considering the idea of joining? Any questions I can answer to help you decide if this is for you or not?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 4th 2016, 9:34 am

I'm switching my efforts to fundraising instead of recruiting now, but anyone is still welcome to join our team anytime! Even after the marathon on Nov. 5th!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 7:12 am