Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment? Empty Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment?

Post  Paeter October 7th 2015, 10:06 am

I'm always happy to support/promote Christian "geek" entertainment done with excellence, although I have to admit that I rarely seek it out for my own enjoyment. (I've found a few other creators that tend not to consume content similar to what they create, so maybe that's where I'm at.)

I'm curious where people here fall. Do you seek it out? Check it out when you hear something good? Does it hold no interest for you?

What do you think your reasons are for seeking out, being indifferent or avoiding Christian geek entertainment?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment? Empty Re: Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment?

Post  mikel.withers October 7th 2015, 8:56 pm

I don't seek out Christian geek entertainment, but I am much more willing to try to support a Christian endeavor, whatever it is.
    Now, I happen to like a bunch of geek stuff, so I might gravitate toward Christian geek stuff, but I don't seek it out for that purpose.
    So, if I were to speak of Christian entertainment as a general term, I definitely seek that out. I listen to a couple podcasts that aren't Christian specific, but I listen to a bunch of Christian ones. Take "Welcome to Level 7" for instance: I could listen to any of a number of podcasts about it, or Marvel, but knowing about the guys who run it, I chose them. I chose a Christian gaming group to join, and I listen to a couple Christian groups (Red and Project 86 in particular).
    (and hang out on a Christian Geek forum...)

Why? Because so much of the rest of our culture is non-Christian, if not downright anti-Christ.
    I am willing to debate and otherwise interact with that culture, but when I want to be entertained, I don't want to do so with my guard up all the time. Nor, do I enjoy the pokes and jabs that happen constantly. For me, entertainment, recreation if you will, is better if I can actually relax.
    I know that is me, and others have a different take on it...and frankly a lot of Christian-specific entertainment is poorly done...so I am not recommending everyone take on my particular approach.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment? Empty Re: Do You Look For Christian Geek Entertainment?

Post  CreatorsPixels October 8th 2015, 6:14 pm

I do "watch" for it I guess but I don't always seek it out first if I'm looking for something. However given the choice between Christian and non for the same thing I do prefer Christian. Hence this podcast. I could find many others about geeky stuff but I really enjoy supporting Christian endeavours when possible. I would always pick a Christian entertainment over non if they were both otherwise identical however sadly I don't think thats often an option.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman October 9th 2015, 11:55 am

Yes. Very much so.

It's how I came across Spirit Blade Productions many moons ago.

I am very thankful for the internet in this endeavor, though. Years ago before the net was what it is now, I found myself buy quite a bit of "Christian cheese" in search of good quality entertainment and art.
    Now, thanks to reviews and previews, it's much easier to sniff out the cheese and diamonds in the rough.

When I find high quality work I want to support it and broadcast its existence to the best of my ability.
    The way I see it:
    - when good Christian art succeeds all good Christian artists succeed.
    - the only way to get more good geeky entertainment is to support geeky entertainment (so they have money to make more).
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings October 11th 2015, 11:55 pm

I keep a close eye on Enclave publishing, and other outlets of christian geekery that I'm aware of. I certainly don't limit myself to Christian stuff but there's a lot of really good books coming out these days. I wonder if we'll see that expand to other media in the future.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 8:51 pm