Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players Empty Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players

Post  Paeter January 4th 2017, 2:19 pm

I'm already thinking ahead a bit to The Summer Of Free and want to modify the Retro Game Stream, and advocating retro-gaming, to something broader. Some concept like "The Great Backlog Burn" or "Summer Backlog Burn". Since retro gaming can actually end up costing money, which is against the spirit of The Summer Of Free, I want to instead put out a call with incentive for people to give attention to their backlog games that they haven't finished or squeezed all the life out of yet. The hope would be that with all the backlog gaming they wouldn't feel the need to buy the new hotness (of which little is ever released during the summer anyway).

What I'm puzzling over is the incentive for people to get involved.

The only idea I have right now is for the event to run for a month or two and for participants to take iphone screenshots of the end game screens of their games as they finish them. A certain number of these screenshots will get them a certain reward. I can of course offer downloads from the SBP store or some other kind of shout out or custom recognition/involvement on the podcast or youtube channel. But I don't know how much an incentive any of those things would be.

I'm also interested in some kind of achievement/trophy based reward. Like maybe a certain number of achievements gained on a game is equal to a photo of an end game screen, with before and after screen shots of your achievement/trophy list for that game used as authentication. But with that idea, I'm not sure how many achievements/trophies would be comparable to simply finishing a game.

It's all really murky and unformed in my mind right now, so I'd love to get feedback and ideas for how to get people involved in playing their backlog games.

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players Empty Re: Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players

Post  fxruizx January 6th 2017, 6:47 pm

Here are some ideas I have about incentives to drive participation:

• Interview the winner about their game library, what types of games they like, what they look for in the games they buy, etc..
    • Ask for steam key or gog gift code donations from the audience or insiders to create a collection of games to give to the winner(s) and give the donors shout outs when you do your summer of free segments)
    • Give away a collection of physical games you don't want any more to the winner (ones that are in the black hole of your backlog  Wink )
    • Play and stream an online coop game with the winner (diablo 3 maybe)
    • If they stream, offer a 1/2 hour to help improve their streaming video/audio

That's what I got. BTW, like the idea of focusing on a backlog, as i am definitely guilty of forgoing the games I have in-lieu on the new stuff.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players Empty Re: Need Feedback/Suggestions On An Event Idea For Video Game Players

Post  Paeter January 10th 2017, 9:49 am

Great ideas, Francisco!

Anyone else have incentive ideas? Or maybe ideas on how achievements/trophies could count toward winning?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings January 10th 2017, 5:01 pm

Is it worth extending the concept beyond gaming, to like, read through the backlog on your kindle, or finish all the unwatched blu-rays on your shelf?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 11th 2017, 11:08 am

AdamCollings wrote:Is it worth extending the concept beyond gaming, to like, read through the backlog on your kindle, or finish all the unwatched blu-rays on your shelf?

Absolutely! In fact I've already begun a discussion with Francisco about something movie related we hope to create as a crossover event between podcasts this summer.

If you're interested in brainstorming with me, I'd love to come up with something similar for books/tv. Any thoughts on creating incentive for people to burn off their backlog of books and tv shows?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 8:21 am