Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7483
    Geek-Cred : 58

Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020! Empty Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020!

Post  Paeter on August 20th 2019, 11:30 pm

I'm not even flipping out like I thought I would at this news. I've heard the rumor for years, seen my frustrating share of April Fool's Day headlines... I started out in denial and now I'm still just in dumbfounded shock.

Will it learn from the trilogy's mistakes (chief in my mind being leaning on CG characters in big fight sequences and staying OUT of the Matrix way too long in part 3), will it make all new ones? Will it lean harder into philosophy, and if so, what will that philosophy be? (The Wachowski's have both had body altering surgery to approximate the female body, and mysteriously only one of them is involved in making this movie. Sounds like they've been through a lot and may be in very different places as people now.)

It can't possibly live up to what I would like it to be. But CRAP. It will just be good to be in that world again.

Wow...

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 871
    Geek-Cred : 6

Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020! Empty Re: Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020!

Post  jorowi on August 21st 2019, 8:25 am

This will only be good if they ignore Matrix 2 & 3. If they want to incorporate what happened in 2 & 3 I think it will be a dumpster fire.

Twitter
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020! Empty Re: Matrix 4 (With Keanu and Carrie-Anne) Is Filming In Early 2020!

Post  Paeter on August 21st 2019, 6:08 pm

Oh ho ho, so you might THINK! And understandably so! But this is The Matrix we're talking about. They can incorporate those movies WITHOUT incorporating them. Namely, by using the plot device I used in my PnP Matrix RPG group in the years shortly following the end of the trilogy...

The Matrix Within The Matrix.

This is what I was SURE they were going to do with the third movie, after Neo discovered he could feel and shut down the sentinels in the real world. When he went unconscious, I thought "Dude! He's unconscious here, but in truth he just woke up in the REAL real world!"

Granted, after the disappointment of them NOT doing that in the third movie, I've lost faith in the Wachowski's abilities to handle their own property in the most fan-pleasing way (taking a page from Lucas' playbook). But whether by the route I'm describing or some other, this is a series all about reality turning out to be an illusion. Retconning while still keeping all movies canon would be easy as pie.

Oh man, now I AM starting to get a little excited!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1352
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  AdamCollings on August 21st 2019, 6:15 pm

It will be interesting to see where they take this. I enjoyed the Matrix Trilogy (yes, all 3 of them affraid )

But the most important questions is, will they come back to Sydney to shoot it?
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 498
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  AGoodReed on August 22nd 2019, 2:22 am

AdamCollings wrote:It will be interesting to see where they take this. I enjoyed the Matrix Trilogy (yes, all 3 of them affraid )

Same, though it's been a really long time. Not sure how I'll take to them if I ever get to watch them all again.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on August 22nd 2019, 9:37 am

AGoodReed wrote:
    AdamCollings wrote:It will be interesting to see where they take this. I enjoyed the Matrix Trilogy (yes, all 3 of them affraid )

Same, though it's been a really long time. Not sure how I'll take to them if I ever get to watch them all again.

I haven't watched them in YEARS! That's significant, because I used to watch them back to back marathon style annually. But at some point, familiarity stole away the wonder, so I decided to put them away for a good long while. At this point, I will probably wait until a month or so before the 4th one releases and then watch them again (maybe with my oldest son if we skip the sexy parts!).

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 345
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve on August 22nd 2019, 4:13 pm

Me too, although I've only watched the first one repeatedly. Not entirely convinced about the need for another installment though if I'm honest...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on August 23rd 2019, 9:46 am

UKSteve wrote:

Me too, although I've only watched the first one repeatedly. Not entirely convinced about the need for another installment though if I'm honest...

Totally agree. If this was coming out 3-5 years after the last one, I'd have major doubts. But sequels made after large gaps seem to more frequently have decent thought put into them, so I'm hopeful.

As an added bonus, by bringing Neo back they almost certainly have to lean further into Christ metaphors, now with a resurrection. (Yeah, the first movie had that, but this one will be an even bigger deal, I think.)

My question is how they will do it, for both him and Trinity. I suppose they could be just programs mimicking the real characters, but then you have to either use de-aging effects on them the whole time or explain their aging. It's also possible that their roles will actually be very small, acting as support for a new protagonist. I might be okay with that, but I'd also love to see Neo come back as a sort of awesome wizard/sage type character(which his recent long-hair, bearded look would fit nicely). Not as much Kung-fu from him and Trinity (they are getting older after all) but more stuff manipulating the Matrix, calling down lightning or whatever.

Super curious to see what they'll do!

www.spiritblade.com
    Changer4
    Changer4

Activity : 63
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Changer4 on September 3rd 2019, 1:11 pm

Well that blindsided me. I'll admit that I'm more of a fan of Keanu from John Wick than The Matrix, but I'm excited nonetheless. Wonder how their going to work around Neo's death in three. Could be a clone-like character that's just played by Keanu or they could resurrect him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is November 24th 2020, 11:59 pm