Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Raising Dion

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1352
    Geek-Cred : 9

Raising Dion Empty Raising Dion

Post  AdamCollings on October 10th 2019, 8:35 pm

Anybody been watching the new Netflix show Raising Dion?
    I watched the first two episodes last night and loved it. It's basically about what it would be like to raise a child with super powers. the tone is serious but uplifting. It's looking like it might get a bit darker as it goes on. It has some really good character drama which is especially meaningful to anyone who is a parent.
    And while the "superhero" of the show is a kid, there's not a hint of the child empowerment that you'd see in a show made for kids. This child acts very much like a child.

The protagonist is a single mother who is still struggling with the death of her husband (and there is some mystery that crops up regarding him) Then there's Dion's godfather who was the dead father's best friend. He is trying to serve as a male role model for the kid.

There are some aspects that potentially could be described as "cute" but not "cutesy". Just very believable childish antics.
    It's also pretty family friendly, so the kind of show you can watch with your kids, and all get something out of it.
    I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7483
    Geek-Cred : 58

Raising Dion Empty Re: Raising Dion

Post  Paeter on October 11th 2019, 11:59 am

I'm interested! Thanks for the recommendation!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 498
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  AGoodReed on October 12th 2019, 3:57 am

I was kind of wondering about this show. It's a show and not a movie, so I'm not as inclined to watch it, but if you liked it, Adam, I might give it a show. Maybe I can get my wife interested in it since it's family-friendly (whenever we get done with Sofia the First). Thank you for posting about it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is November 25th 2020, 12:17 am