Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes Empty Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes

Post  Paeter December 9th 2019, 1:30 pm

Here's a refresher on the last trailer. Now what do you hope will happen and what do you think WILL happen!

(Please only share predictions based on commonly available promotional materials such as trailers and TV spots, rather than leaks etc.)

I have no particular predictions. But I WANT the title to refer to Anakin Skywalker, played by Hayden Christensen, to come back from the dead and be an actually likable, cool character for audiences(and me too if possible). Love those kinds of retcon things that make old, lame things fresh and cool, casting a better light on our memories of the old version.

I also want Luke to get the truly awesome fight sequence I didn't get from him in the last movie. (Sure the passive Jedi thing fits with canon, but we all wanted to see Luke wreck house, right?)

What do you think! Share your hopes, your jaded predictions or any other Star Wars sooth-saying before we all find out what's what in a couple weeks!
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes Empty Re: Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes

Post  AGoodReed December 9th 2019, 9:51 pm

I haven't watched the trailer, and I don't plan to because I want to go in as fresh as possible. I did the same with all the previous Star Wars movies. Nevertheless, I predict that I will have something spoiled for me before I see it. I'm batting .500 there. I avoided spoilers for The Last Jedi and Rogue One, but I had Kylo Ren's parentage spoiled for The Force Awakens, and I had the stinger of Solo spoiled.

I predict that a lot of people will hate it, but I will like it (in part because so many people hate it).

I hesitantly predict that the ending will finally allow us to put the characters from the original trilogy to rest, but there will still be an opening for continuing media to feature Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8, etc.

I predict that James Earl Jones' voice will somehow be invoked.

I'm 50/50 on whether or not Kylo Ren will be redeemed.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes Empty Re: Rise Of Skywalker Predictions/Hopes

Post  AdamCollings December 10th 2019, 4:38 pm

Yeah a proper Luke lightsabre fight would be awesome, and it would certainly be cool to see Hayden as Anakin again.

I predict Luke will either only appear as a force ghost, or, he will somehow find a way to use the force to return to bodily form (which would open the door for the return of Anakin as well as Palpatine)

I'm gonna say that Kylo will be redeemed.

What I would LOVE to see is Leia weilding a lightsabre. I was very disapointed that the character has never explored the jedi aspect of herself. This is not going to happen, but I heard a rumour that the original plan was for her to finally use a lightsabre in the final film, had she not sadly passed away.

I predict that despite the tone of the trailer, something cutesey will appear in the film, maybe a baby ewok or something, given the popularity of porgs and baby yodas. (Haven't seen Mandalorian)

I suspect we will get some backstory of who and what Snoke was.

And I agree with Reed. Many will hate it and spit vitriol in it's general direction, but I will probably enjoy it.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 11th 2019, 10:51 am

AdamCollings wrote:

I suspect we will get some backstory of who and what Snoke was.

This reminds me of the general desire behind my hopes for the movie: I want it to retro-actively "redeem/improve" previous disappointments in the films, both the prequels and The Last Jedi. The latter felt so random in its direction at times, as though the writer was just doing crazy stuff with no thought of what the trilogy was building toward. I doubt that's true, but I hope that the writers of this film have looked back at the last movie and are committed to creating something here that will make sense of a bunch of things fans have disliked, and retro-actively make them seem cool.

A tall order, but man that would be satisfying.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 11:04 am