Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

My Birthday Stream - An opportunity

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

My Birthday Stream - An opportunity Empty My Birthday Stream - An opportunity

Post  AdamCollings April 1st 2020, 4:55 pm

I have an idea bobing about in my head, which could be an oppotrunity for others.
    It's my birthday on Saturday (42 - an important geek milestone). Due to lockdowns I can't celebrate in the traditional way, so I was thinking of streaming a virtual birthday party on youTube, where I could give away books and invite others to do the same. "It's my birthday, but you get the gifts"
    Many of us here are content creators of one type or another. Books, audio dramas etc.
    Would anyone be interested in either:
    * Plugging a permafree offering
    * Doing a giveaway of something not normally free

Participants could either join me live on video via zoom to chat about their book, or just give me a link to share on their behalf.
    If it went ahead, the event would take place Saturday morning (Australia) and Friday afternoon / evening (USA).
    I can't guarantee anybody will be watching, it could be an embarrasing flop, but just wanted to see if anyone was interested.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

My Birthday Stream - An opportunity Empty Re: My Birthday Stream - An opportunity

Post  Paeter April 2nd 2020, 9:28 am

Love the idea! Setting up a giveaway takes a bit of time and technical stuff for me. But I could give one person a free digital copy of Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Legacy Edition) if you give me their e-mail to contact them. I'll let you figure out how to give that away. Just send me their e-mail when you have it for me.

Happy birthday! (And I'm turning 42 on the 11th! Forgot our birthdays were so close!)
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

My Birthday Stream - An opportunity Empty Re: My Birthday Stream - An opportunity

Post  AdamCollings April 3rd 2020, 5:32 pm

I'm live

Join my online birthday party and maybe win a prize!
    It's my birthday but because of the current lockdown, I can't celebrate in the traditional way. So I'm doing a livestream, and in true Hobbit fashion, you get the presents. I'll be hosting some giveaways of books and audio dramas from various authors.
    I'll be joined by Grace Bridges, author of the Earthcore series, which she'll be giving away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOnq_N8iKs
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve April 17th 2020, 3:50 pm

Happy belated ultimate answer day Adam and Paeter!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 20th 2020, 11:41 am

UKSteve wrote:Happy belated ultimate answer day Adam and Paeter!

Thank you Steve!
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings April 20th 2020, 6:32 pm

Thanks, Steve

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 7:21 am