Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

A Day to Fast and Pray: Saturday, April 4 (Anyone want to participate?)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

A Day to Fast and Pray: Saturday, April 4 (Anyone want to participate?) Empty A Day to Fast and Pray: Saturday, April 4 (Anyone want to participate?)

Post  AGoodReed April 1st 2020, 5:59 pm

The Gospel Coalition is organizing a Day to Fast and Pray about the current crisis. It will be this Saturday, April 4th.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/day-fast-pray-april-4/

TGC wrote:What Are We Going to Do?
    Our day to fast and pray will have three primary prayer times, with guided prayers for each segment. Our team created a prayer companion booklet (view online or download PDF) to help guide you through the day.

Morning Prayer: Personal Prayer
    We encourage you to spend Saturday morning in personal prayer, focused around Psalm 27.

Midday Prayer: Community Prayer
    We hope you will spend this time praying with others in your community—perhaps your family around the kitchen table, or maybe your church small group or friends on a video call.

Evening Prayer: Online Prayer and Worship
    During this one-hour prayer time on Facebook and YouTube, various brothers and sisters, pastors and ministry leaders, as well as special musicians, will help guide us through a unifying moment of corporate prayer and worship. You can pray with us, share your own prayer requests, and pray for others’ requests in the comments section.

The details of the fast are up to you. Perhaps you choose to go without one or two meals on Saturday, breaking the fast at dinner. Maybe you fast from something other than food. Choose something that works for you and your family. If you’re new to fasting, this resource can help you begin.

When Will It Take Place?
    This Saturday, April 4. The evening prayer time will be broadcast on TGC’s Facebook page and YouTube page from 7 to 8 p.m. ET (4 to 5 p.m. PT).

Who Will Be Involved?
    We hope Christians from all over the world join us for this day of fasting and prayer. The topics of prayer and confirmed participants for the evening prayer time online include:

Prayers for the sick and suffering (Ligon Duncan, Jen Wilkin)
    Prayers for medical workers (Joni Eareckson Tada, Stephen Um)
    Prayers for provision/economy (Nancy Guthrie, John Onwuchekwa)
    Prayers for local, national, and global government officials (Kevin DeYoung, Jeany Jun)
    Prayers for church leaders and missionaries (Darryl Williamson, Quina Aragon)
    Prayers for families (John Piper, Melissa Kruger)
    Prayers for the lost (David Platt, Jeremy Treat)

Musicians who will lead us in singing hymns:

Keith & Kristyn Getty
    Shane & Shane
    Austin Stone Worship

I'm probably going to follow the suggestion from this page and just pick one meal to give up (since I haven't fasted in a long time). I hope I can find others to pray with during the midday prayer portion. Probably on Skype or whatever. If you want to chat and pray with me, let me know.

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 3:10 am