Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Treated myself to a game

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1345
    Geek-Cred : 9

Treated myself to a game Empty Treated myself to a game

Post  AdamCollings on April 17th 2020, 11:17 pm

Last night I decided to use some birthday money from my parents and treat myself to a Playstation game I've been wanting to get for years. Well, technically 3 games.

It's the Mass Effect Trilogy.
    Treated myself to a game Image026

Unlike Paeter, I go to games primarily for story. And this is proving to be a good one. I've only played about an hour, and most of that was me trying to figure out how it worked, but already there's a rich amount of world-building that I'm eating up. Also, I've heard that the game was influenced by Babylon 5, so that's clearly a plus for me.

I don't have a lot of experience playing RPGs and this definately has some strong RPG elements in it, but I think watching Paeter's streams has helped me understand them a little more than otherwise.

Anyway, Looking forward to diving back into it tonight.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7466
    Geek-Cred : 58

Treated myself to a game Empty Re: Treated myself to a game

Post  Paeter on April 20th 2020, 11:53 am

DUDE!

I'm betting I'm not the only one who will read this and envy you. I would love to go back and play those again for the first time. And while I don't play for story, this game series had an interesting one! And good characters, too! It definitely becomes more shooter-like as the series progresses, but I enjoyed it all pretty much from beginning to end. Sold my copies years ago (a mistake given how little I got for them) but it's on my list to either re-purchase and play them again or get the trilogy remaster if EA ever comes to their senses and makes one.

Have a great time, man! What a great purchase during this quarantine!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on April 29th 2020, 9:13 am

I've been curious about these games for a long time, but the RPG-ness of them have always scared me off. I should try them out at some point though. I really like a good video game story and from all accounts these have one of the best!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7466
    Geek-Cred : 58

Post  Paeter on April 29th 2020, 11:54 am

DNArington wrote:I've been curious about these games for a long time, but the RPG-ness of them have always scared me off. I should try them out at some point though. I really like a good video game story and from all accounts these have one of the best!

If it helps at all, I was a bit let down by the decreased "RPG-ness" of the games beginning in the second installment. It really starts to feel much more like a shooter at that point. Almost Bio-shockey in its combat. And even the first game took a lot of adjusting for me because the combat was way more shootery than any RPG I had played up to that point.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on April 30th 2020, 3:57 pm

Paeter wrote:
    If it helps at all, I was a bit let down by the decreased "RPG-ness" of the games beginning in the second installment. It really starts to feel much more like a shooter at that point. Almost Bio-shockey in its combat. And even the first game took a lot of adjusting for me because the combat was way more shootery than any RPG I had played up to that point.
    Haha, that actually does sound more appealing to me.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1345
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  AdamCollings on April 30th 2020, 6:40 pm

It fascinates me how one man's frustration is another man's pleasure.

I've been really struggling with the more action element, particularly battles in the MACO car. But apparently I don't have to aim as precisely as I think I do. Work-mate told me as long as the red triangle is visible, my shots should hit their target.

Biggest issue is I never have any omni-gel and I need absolute bucket loads of the stuff just to make it through.
    And there seems to be a bug in the playstation version that makes the quicktime events for unlocking crates completely impossible, which means I have to unlock them with omni-gel, but I need the loot out of the crate to melt down into omni-gel. A real chicken and egg problem.

Gonna try playing with my better controller (the ones I won't let the kids touch) to see if that helps at all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 31st 2020, 1:30 pm