Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

The Snyder Cut and...The Ayer Cut?

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 489
    Geek-Cred : 3

The Snyder Cut and...The Ayer Cut? Empty The Snyder Cut and...The Ayer Cut?

Post  AGoodReed on May 22nd 2020, 9:12 am

The Culture Nerd is reporting that not only is WB working on VFX to reinstate Zack Snyder's original version of Steppenwolf into the director's cut of Justice League, but they're also working on editing and releasing a director's cut on David Ayer's Suicide Squad.

Could just be a rumor, but that would be pretty cool. The AT&T Twitter account said "One thing at a time," and then said, "Anything is possible. All it takes is a little magic," complete with a GIF of the Enchantress from the movie.

https://theculturednerd.org/2020/05/exclusive-zoic-studios-to-work-on-vfx-for-snyder-cut-and-ayer-cut/

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/suicide-squad-release-the-ayer-cut/
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

The Snyder Cut and...The Ayer Cut? Empty Re: The Snyder Cut and...The Ayer Cut?

Post  DNArington on May 22nd 2020, 3:15 pm

This is another directors cut I would love to see! I imagine if this does happen, it wouldn't be as drastic an overhaul as the Snyder cut sounds. I remember reading an interview where David Ayer said he wishes he had more time with the script before they shot it because he would have changed a lot of stuff at that stage, so there might not be as much of his vision for the film actually shot, unlike with Snyder.

Then again that's just speculation. The Extended Cut of Suicide Squad was already an improvement over the theatrical release, so let's get the David Ayer Cut!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on May 27th 2020, 4:27 pm

It sounds like I was wrong because David Ayer says his version of Suicide Squad would be easy to complete and it mainly just needs some visual effects work done! I imagine if the Snyder Cut does well for HBO and WB, then this is a very real possibility!

Here is the links to where he is talking about it:
    https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1264976357718515719

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1264614967535218693
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7466
    Geek-Cred : 58

Post  Paeter on May 27th 2020, 6:06 pm

Really interesting news! If this happens, I will, for the first time in years, feel some potential for optimism regarding the future of DC movies and whether or not I will deeply enjoy them again. Not because I think the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad was awful. It was "fine" for my tastes. And I have no idea if Ayer's cut would be more to my liking (though I suspect it would, since the info at the time indicated the studio specifically took control because they feared it was too serious). At the end of the day, my reason for optimism would be because this would indicate WB is under new management, or is no longer confident they made the right moves when tampering with these movies the way they did.

It will likely all come down (as it always does) to the dollar. Will viewers communicate with their dollars (or at least their free trial subscriptions) that they want this? I still suspect that audiences are more ready, maybe even hungry, for serious superhero movies now than when these movies released. But we'll all find out together, I guess!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1345
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  AdamCollings on May 27th 2020, 9:59 pm

Report that Cavil could be returning to appear in several DC movies.
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/henry-cavill-superman-return-dc-movies/

If true, it's a start.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1345
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  AdamCollings on June 1st 2020, 2:20 am

The Snyder Cut and...The Ayer Cut? Image030

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 31st 2020, 1:49 pm