Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

That Dream Warning in BvS...

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

That Dream Warning in BvS... Empty That Dream Warning in BvS...

Post  AGoodReed July 3rd 2020, 7:48 pm

I'm re-watching Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice with my mom since I'm still stuck at her house. We're about halfway through it. When we got through the "Knightmare" scene, I told her that this scene is supposed to make sense when the director's cut of Justice League comes out, as is the next scene where the time-travelling Flash gives Batman the warning that "You were right about him" and that Lois Lane is the key.

I have heard that both of those dream sequences were supposed to pay off in the Snyder Cut. Someone posted that it will probably feature a scene where the Flash goes back in time to warn Bruce, connecting to the scene in BvS. But that got me thinking...if the Flash has to go back to warn Bruce about some disastrous event happening and give him instructions on how to prevent it, that would mean that the event had already happened. You get what I'm saying? How could Batman stop the problem from happening if the events we've already seen (including the warning) have already led us to the problem being a problem?

I know we can't know until it comes out, but I'm curious if anyone has any theories about how this could be resolved. Time travel always messes with me.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

That Dream Warning in BvS... Empty Re: That Dream Warning in BvS...

Post  AdamCollings July 5th 2020, 6:38 pm

It all depends on the type of time-travel being used.
    In order to have a common language to discuss, I'd like to draw attention to the 3 type sof time-travel according to the youTuber LoreRunner.
    https://lorerunner.com/loreiums#Time1

The problem you're describing tends to be a symptom of Type-2 time-travel, where the past can be altered. This leads to problems like the grandfather paradox (you kill your grandfather, which means you were never born, which means you were never alive to kill your grandfather, which means he didn't die, which means you were born, which means you killed him, which means you were never born ... etc.)

The solution to this type of problem is type 3 time-travel, which is much more popular these days, and was seen in the 2009 Star Trek movie by JJ Abrams, as well as Avengers Endgame.
    In this scenario, when you travel into the past and make a change, you are creating a brand new timeline which can contradict your own. So by killing your grandfather, you create a new timeline in which you are never born, but you still exist, because you were born in your timeline.

It will be interesting to see exactly what form of time travel Zack Snyder was intending.
    But do we expect to get a pay-off to that scene in the Snyder Cut? Or was that planned to be paid off in Justice League 2 (which we'll likely never see)? I have no idea.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed July 6th 2020, 8:12 am

The word I'm reading is that the Snyder Cut we're getting is going to have an ending. I know it was originally planned to be open-ended like Avengers: Infinity War, but since they're doing reshoots or whatever for this variation, I think they're going to put more of a bow on it in case they don't go forward with direct sequels.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 7th 2020, 4:55 pm

AGoodReed wrote:The word I'm reading is that the Snyder Cut we're getting is going to have an ending. I know it was originally planned to be open-ended like Avengers: Infinity War, but since they're doing reshoots or whatever for this variation, I think they're going to put more of a bow on it in case they don't go forward with direct sequels.

What I read indicated that WB was adamant that Snyder would get no reshoots for this process. Actors recording audio, yes, but no cameras rolling whatsoever. So if you've read or seen differently I'd love a link!
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed July 7th 2020, 6:24 pm

Paeter wrote:What I read indicated that WB was adamant that Snyder would get no reshoots for this process. Actors recording audio, yes, but no cameras rolling whatsoever. So if you've read or seen differently I'd love a link!

I guess I misunderstood what I was reading. Can't remember where I read what. Probably Twitter.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 9:23 am