Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production Empty Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production

Post  AdamCollings July 13th 2020, 12:08 am

Just saw this article about Elijah Wood talking about Amazon's Lord of the Rings series, which is set a thousand or so years earlier than the main story. At the bottom, it mentioned that production for this show has just been cleared to resume in New Zealand, now that COVID-19 cases have slowed there.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/elijah-wood-responds-to-amazons-lord-of-the-rings-/1100-6479558/

I don't think we've talked much about this series on here. If they're actively doing production in New Zealand then they may be further ahead than I thought they were. As I understand it, production involves actually rolling cameras.

Anybody excited for this show?
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a Lord of The Rings expert, but I loved the movies and am currently re-reading the first book to coincide with my Walk To Mordor challenge. (After that I'll be reading books 2 and 3 for the first time Embarassed )

I understand the decision to set the show in a previous age of Middle Earth was dictated by the Tolkien Estate, rather than being a purely creative decision, but I think it makes good sense. Why reboot the movies when they were so succesful. especially when there's plenty more material to draw on. I don't think it's ever been stated that this show officially falls within the same continuity as the movies, but I'd like to hope we can at least view it that way.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production Empty Re: Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production

Post  Paeter July 13th 2020, 12:22 pm

AdamCollings wrote:

I understand the decision to set the show in a previous age of Middle Earth was dictated by the Tolkien Estate, rather than being a purely creative decision, but I think it makes good sense. Why reboot the movies when they were so successful. especially when there's plenty more material to draw on.

I'm 100% behind this. In fact I hope they feel more creative freedom as a result. I'd even be more interested in original stories that take place within the lore/world of middle earth than in attempts to adapt existing stories.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production Empty Re: Amazon Lord of The Rings Series Back in Production

Post  Paeter July 13th 2020, 12:23 pm

And VISIBLE magic this time please!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 1:26 am