Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 489
    Geek-Cred : 3

Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) Empty Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers)

Post  AGoodReed on August 25th 2020, 11:58 am

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Yet another video game where Superman is evil.

I missed the Fandome panel, but I think I heard that he and the rest of the Justice League are under mind control from Bainiac.

If you don't read Reddit, the r/Superman subreddit seems to be mostly people who are traditional Superman fans who don't like Zack Snyder's version of the character. So, as you would expect, they've not been happy about this announcement...

Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) 92wbpy10
    Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) Hy53ld10
    Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) Jx617b10Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) Xhninu10

I understand the frustration. I'm not in the loop with video games, but even I know that Superman hasn't gotten his own solo adventure video game in a long time. I think the last attempt was the Superman Returns tie-in? Meanwhile, look at all the choices you have for Batman games. Getting to play as Superman in a game where you can explore Metropolis (ala the Spider-Man and Incredible Hulk games I remember from PS2) would be a dream come true, especially if you could use all of Superman's powers without having to collect power-ups. I'm sure they'd have to include some heavy-duty villains to make it a challenge.

What do you gamers think?
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1345
    Geek-Cred : 9

Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) Empty Re: Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers)

Post  AdamCollings on August 25th 2020, 6:30 pm

I'll say it again. Telltale-style point and click adventure! Very Happy

Superman doesn't work well in an action game because he is invulnerable and super strong. But a story where Clark Kent has to use all his wits while investigating a story to uncover something, using his super powers would work nicely. Covertly use your Xray vision and super hearing while investigating.
    I imagine the parts when you are Superman would probably be cut-scene heavy with lots of quick-time events (but not too difficult!)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 489
    Geek-Cred : 3

Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers) Empty Re: Another Evil Superman (Suicide Squad game + memers)

Post  AGoodReed on August 25th 2020, 8:29 pm

AdamCollings wrote:I'll say it again. Telltale-style point and click adventure! Very Happy

Superman doesn't work well in an action game because he is invulnerable and super strong. But a story where Clark Kent has to use all his wits while investigating a story to uncover something, using his super powers would work nicely. Covertly use your Xray vision and super hearing while investigating.
    I imagine the parts when you are Superman would probably be cut-scene heavy with lots of quick-time events (but not too difficult!)

That could be enjoyable, but if I can't fly around and shoot things with heat vision, I don't think I'd be completely satisfied.

I'd rather have a knock-down, drag-out with Zod, Doomsday, Mongol, Darkseid, etc. But I'd rather it not just be a fighting game like Mortal Kombat. I just don't know what I'd do in between.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 7466
    Geek-Cred : 58

Post  Paeter on August 26th 2020, 12:47 pm

AdamCollings wrote:

Superman doesn't work well in an action game because he is invulnerable and super strong.

I think you do have to add some conceit to the plot (kryptonite poisoning, lean into him being a "solar battery", etc), or really get some heavy hitters in there to fight him. I think it could be done. Still doubt we'll see it anytime soon.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 31st 2020, 2:59 pm