Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Microsoft(Xbox) Is BUYING BETHESDA!!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Microsoft(Xbox) Is BUYING BETHESDA!!! Empty Microsoft(Xbox) Is BUYING BETHESDA!!!

Post  Paeter September 21st 2020, 11:49 am

Thanks to Gabriel Stinson for bringing this to my attention.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-21-microsoft-buying-zenimax-parent-company-of-bethesda-id-software-and-more-report

In a response written to Gabriel, I wrote:

Ho...lee...crap...

Thanks for the news! That is insane. My first reaction, after recovering from the shock, is that this almost seems to confirm that Xbox will NOT be focusing on exclusives. Why? Because, like Minecraft, Bethesda RPGs are just too crazy successful to limit your revenue to Xbox and PC. That would be a shockingly bad business move. (Granted, I know nothing about business.)

We are probably looking, at most, at a decade-long transition to making Bethesda titles exclusive to Xbox and PC, starting with Xbox exclusive features for the games.

I think I'm with you. PS5 is likely my first purchase (as it will reportedly take a good while for this deal to go through, so Starfield may hardly be affected at all), but this virtually guarantees I'm getting a Series X at some point. Time to start pinching my pennies again!

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 3:11 am