Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday? Empty What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday?

Post  Paeter April 8th 2021, 10:25 am

This Sunday I'm turning 43, and will be hanging out and eating treats with the family after a two day Staycation with the boys(not related to my birthday, but pleasantly timed!). Then on Monday I will be having my annual "Birthday Game-athon" for about 16 hours. (Basically, all the GOOD gaming hours of Extra-Life, and without streaming it.) Although this year it may become a broader "Geek-athon", as DC Universe Infinite has been a lot of fun for me lately and diving in for long stretches has been nice when I have the opportunity. I will also be enjoying an assortment of snacks and treats usually reserved only for my Extra-Life marathon, along with my traditional "Easy Cheesecake" recipe in place of birthday cake. I can't seem to find Honey BBQ wings in any stores right now, so I think my meal will be Mexican Takeout instead. And finally, I think I may repeat something I did last year, making it a new tradition. Each hour or so of the day I stop what I'm doing for 5 minutes, reflect on a 5-year period of my life (in chronological order, covering my entire lifespan eventually) and thank God for the ways he blessed or protected me during those years. It was a nice element that added some richness to the day and also kept it from just flying by and being a blur of forgettable fun.

Do any of you have any birthday traditions to make the event special or memorable? (Or at least not a depressing countdown to death?)
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday? Empty Re: What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday?

Post  Rickster April 8th 2021, 11:28 am

It changes every year 2 years ago I went indoor skydiving, last year since everything was closed I went and ordered a pizza and watched a couple movies, this year I'm going to a Boysenberry food festival at Knotts Berry Farm.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday? Empty Re: What Do You Like To Do On Your Birthday?

Post  AdamCollings April 8th 2021, 6:11 pm

The main tradition we have is we like to go out for a meal on birthdays. The kids love a place called Hog's Breath Cafe because the staff will bring out your cake and sing happy birthday.

I told everyone we could just skip my birthday this year. Both kids have their birthdays clustered close to mine, and mine is the opportunity to save money.
    Of course, my family will never allow this. My wife organised to have lunch out with my parents after church (it fell on Easter Sunday) which my parents graciously paid for.
    I spent most of the afternoon doing fun creative things and then we introduced the kids to The Martian for family movie night.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1082
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi April 12th 2021, 10:45 am

I just want to be left alone.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 13th 2021, 1:33 pm

jorowi wrote:I just want to be left alone.
    LOL!
    That was largely what my wife and boys gave me yesterday. It was great!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 5:54 pm