Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Grateful & Amazed At Jesus' Forgiveness

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Grateful & Amazed At Jesus' Forgiveness Empty Grateful & Amazed At Jesus' Forgiveness

Post  Paeter June 18th 2021, 10:30 am

Scripture (and the Psalms, where I've been reading and meditating these days) often mention praising God, which is essentially a sub-category of worship that involves something outward, that would be detectable to anyone present. Like shining a spotlight on God's qualities. The Psalmists talk sometimes about praising God "in the great congregation", and I realize that I just don't do this (or a parallel to it in principle) near as much as I could.

So I just wanted to share my gratefulness for God's ridiculous patience with me and his tireless forgiveness and capacity for making me clean and white as snow before the eyes of God. When I reflect on how easily my mind and impulses go to selfishness, entitlement, lust, judgment, arrogance or prideful insecurity, and how consistently I go to those places, it just boggles my mind that God actively chooses, every new moment, to forgive me and count me righteous because of Jesus' sacrifice.

That math just speaks so highly of the worth of Jesus. I can only appreciate his righteousness as an abstract idea. Even with all my imagination at work, I can't visualize anything close to the full picture of what Jesus is like, even considering just his humanity. It makes me long all the more to meet this person face to face, to see for myself the qualities in him that made his sacrifice sufficient not just for my sin, but the sin of so many others that only God could count.

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 3:41 pm