Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Your Star Wars Picks

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Your Star Wars Picks Empty Your Star Wars Picks

Post  Drew.Rub February 11th 2013, 5:30 pm

Okay gang. The geek in me is curious, for no real reason, how you all would answer the following:

If you could live in the Star Wars universe:

Pick your time period: Old Republic, Rebellion/Empire, New Republic
    Pick your allegiance: Republic, Empire, Sith, Jedi, independant, crime cartel
    Pick your career path: Jedi/Sith, military, government, smuggler, gambler, tech, etc.
    Pick your species: You name it, it's probably out there.

I'll start. I almost picked Jedi, but I think I'd rather just be a starship pilot, along the lines of Han Solo. I'd want to be an independant starship pilot/owner during the Old Republic, in the time before Anakin/Vader's purge of the Jedi. Being a Jedi would be fun, I'm sure, but I like the idea of owning my own ship.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Your Star Wars Picks Empty Re: Your Star Wars Picks

Post  Paeter February 11th 2013, 8:46 pm

Well, if I'm being realistic, my answer would be "the most peaceful time period, the least controversial body of power, the career furthest removed from combat, and the species that seems to be happiest and safest. (The Star Wars universe is a dangerous place!)

But if I'm throwing caution to the wind, I'll go with:

Old Republic, Jedi, Jedi/"Chosen One", Human

(Of course, I'll want to have a word with the Jedi Council about the logical inconsistencies of some of their beliefs, and in the end may have to go rogue.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf February 14th 2013, 10:19 pm

Congratulations, Paeter! You are Count Dooku, perhaps the only interesting new character from the Prequels and far underrepresented in the films, in my opinion!
    I think I'd like to be a Jedi in the New Republic, after Luke reestablished the Order (although going through the Yuuzhan Vong invasion wouldn't be a gem) and, to be a bit contrarian, I'd like to be one of the less "good" species like a Hutt or Twi'lek (and yes, there was at least one canonical Hutt Jedi, though he turned dark, named Beldorian...do I get Geek Cred for that, or what?) just to throw the prejudices of the galaxy for a loop. Why can't one of these beings be noble and good?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter February 15th 2013, 4:21 pm

Dunadwarf wrote: (and yes, there was at least one canonical Hutt Jedi, though he turned dark, named Beldorian...do I get Geek Cred for that, or what?)

Yep! Just gave you +1 geek cred! Impressive, sir!

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub February 21st 2013, 6:50 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:do I get Geek Cred for that, or what?) just to throw the prejudices of the galaxy for a loop. Why can't one of these beings be noble and good?

Yup, I give you a plus one cred for that too.
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf April 22nd 2013, 5:44 pm

Most appreciated, all of you!
    I'm so pathetic and geeky about the Star Wars EU that I just bought the New Chronology (sort of a canon bible) and occasionally just leaf through it (I've long since read it through).
    It's a shame that, since the prequels and New Jedi Order series ended, the Star Wars novels have, with a few outstanding exceptions, just repeated the same formula; new threat arrives, current government unable to meet threat, government turns on the Jedi although they're the only hope to defeat the threat, Jedi go underground, Jedi finally defeat threat, government reorganized into new incompetent structure. Granted that's the broad outline of the New Jedi Order, but the first time is clever. The second is a bad copy and the third...the third is just depressing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 7:32 pm