Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

WonderCon

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

WonderCon  Empty WonderCon

Post  Rickster April 2nd 2013, 3:31 pm

I went to WonderCon last week and while I'm planning on making longer report later I wanted to give a few highlights while they were still fresh in my mind

1. Having Stan Lee walk past me
    2. Going to the Disney TV writers conference and meeting the writer from Aaron Stone
    3. Getting to play the new Ducktales Remastered game
    4. Searching and finally finding some of the comic books I was looking for
    5. Going from not having even one issue comic book series I was interested in getting all 5 issues.
    6. Deciding that, with the exception of some comics based on the old Disney Afternoon shows, collecting comics isn't something I really want to get into.
    7. Seeing some of the most original ideas for costumes. My 2 favorites were Paper Mario and Lego Star Wars
    8. Finally crossing something off my 12X list
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

WonderCon  Empty Re: WonderCon

Post  Paeter April 3rd 2013, 1:51 pm

If you feel like recording your thoughts I think they would make an interesting segment for the podcast! Especially given your perspective as a geek considering getting into comics and then deciding mostly NOT to after going to the convention! There's a story/perspective there I'll bet listeners would find interesting!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 8th 2013, 1:14 am

I guess it's funny that I had deciding not to get into collecting comics but I still bought 30 comic books during the weekend
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 8th 2013, 4:29 am

Then you, as a NON-collector, actually own more comics than me - a fervent comics reader! rabbit How funny is that! Laughing

(ok, I'm just counting the actual physical comics here, leaving the digitals out of it for the sake of this comparison Cool)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 9:20 pm