Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Video Games With Staying Power

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Video Games With Staying Power Empty Video Games With Staying Power

Post  Paeter June 18th 2013, 10:22 pm

I can't really justify talking about this as a "Summer Of Free" segment, but I am feeling absolutely blown away by the amount of game contained in Neverwinter Nights 2.(And the original Neverwinter Nights as well.) And not just length of playing time but variability, given the huge number of adventure modules, campaigns and other goodies made by users that are available for free online.

My wife got me NWN2 for my birthday in April and I don't think its an accident that I've been spending a LOT less from my "fun money" budget, resulting in a pretty big savings pool. (At least big for me. Money burns a hole in my pocket.)

So I'm curious what other video games (on any platform) you all have discovered that, compared to the initial investment, give back an enormous amount of play time.

Anything come to mind?

www.spiritblade.com
    45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Video Games With Staying Power Empty Re: Video Games With Staying Power

Post  45shiro45 June 18th 2013, 11:37 pm

Well, I'm probably in the minority here, but I've played through the Halo games at least twenty times a piece, and Bioshock's the same... As far as adventure games, I STILL play Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for the PS1 from time to time (and go through it's sequels as well)... The Onimusha games all the way through Dawn of Dreams on the PS2 also get a lot of play once or twice a year... I also get a lot of play out of the Fable games and Fallout 3.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 29th 2013, 6:35 pm

I've got to say Kingdom Hearts is something I've play through a lot and with 1.5 coming out this Sept. I'm going to be spending my time playing through Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories and watching the 358/2 days "movie" trying to get all of the trophies.
    Which brings me to my 2nd thing I think trying to get all the Trophies and Achievements in a game is a nice challenge and good way to spend some extra hours in your game

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 7:24 am