Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Robocop trailer

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Robocop trailer Empty Robocop trailer

Post  DNArington September 8th 2013, 1:10 am

This looks interesting. I haven't seen the original for a long time and I don't really remember it, and I think I saw the edited for tv version, but this could be cool if they go deep into the man/machine relationship which it looks like they might. I find the concept of "apparent free will" fascinating and I wonder if this at all reflects how they would view a god/man relationship. I'm down, but I'm curious what die-hard Robocop fans think.

ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Robocop trailer Empty Re: Robocop trailer

Post  ComiKate September 8th 2013, 8:38 am

I tend to like "modern" remakes of classic SF franchises I loved. For instance I'm a fan of the original Total Recall movie but I have to say that the recent remake was totally awesome. Same goes for the Battlestar Galactica series, loved the original one but I was just as swept away with the remake. And oh, Star Trek as well, of course!

In short, having just watched the Robocop trailer you posted, I'm expecting the same kind of "upgrade" - so yeah, I'm down as well!
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill September 9th 2013, 8:54 pm

ComiKate wrote:I tend to like "modern" remakes of classic SF franchises I loved. For instance I'm a fan of the original Total Recall movie but I have to say that the recent remake was totally awesome. Same goes for the Battlestar Galactica series, loved the original one but I was just as swept away with the remake. And oh, Star Trek as well, of course!

In short, having just watched the Robocop trailer you posted, I'm expecting the same kind of "upgrade" - so yeah, I'm down as well!
    Personally, any optimism I have about any remakes is usually tempered by things like Planet of the Apes (the 2000 version) and the 2008 "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

I view those movies and most others like the Frankenstein monster. They're functional and they do stuff, but they lack the soul that made the original good movies.
    vagabond
    vagabond

Activity : 40
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  vagabond September 29th 2013, 1:22 am

I'm not much of a Robocop fan (though I seem to remember the second one having a really cool robot villain) but I like the looks of this so far. Looks like it might turn out to be fun movie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 9:09 am